CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

The Moderating of Personal Forums

Old 01-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
Susan
The Moderating of Personal Forums

There seems to be some confusion about who has what authority in the personal forums. This thread is to help clarify things, and if I get something wrong, please step in, Rich, and set things right.

The personal forums are mostly moderated by their personal owners. Those owners have the say as to what is and is not allowed to be posted. They can delete any post or thread that they choose. However, I am not sure if they have the ability to actually close a thread in their forum, but the site mods have that ability, as well as the ability to delete and edit in the event of spammers. It is not the right of any of the main site moderators to arbitrarily close a thread in a personal forum or to delete or edit unless specifically asked by the forum's owner.

As for the issuing of infractions in personal forums, I do not believe that the personal forum owners have that ability. The main site moderators, however, still retain that ability as some of the main site rules still apply to the personal forums since they are able to be viewed by the general membership (the one personal forum exception has a little more leeway in some areas). The site mods generally stay out of the personal forums, but don't think that "anything goes" inside them as there are some limits that just can't be crossed anywhere on this site.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Carinata
Susan, what kind of limits are there. Like with language, ranting, etc

Old 01-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
Basically, if it is NOT allowed in the public forums and is related to language, personal attacks, etc....it will NOT be allowed in the personal forums.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
snakewispera snr
I think it comes down to good taste David.....
If you and your friends are out for a meal you can have a laugh and joke with each other etc. But if it starts to bother other diners who can see and hear your antics, it's best to stop them......
I think, never say anything you wouldn't want your mother to hear you saying.....
Thats the best rule of thumb.....

Old 01-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Dinah
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
I think, never say anything you wouldn't want your mother to hear you saying.....
Thats the best rule of thumb.....
May I use your mother as an example rather than mine?....because if I use my mother's example I will be banned for sure. Not to be mean to my mom she is the person who taught me how to stand up for myself, I just had to teach myself how to do so in a ladylike fashion LOL.

I think a good rule of thumb would be try to be good all the time, that way if you do slip up and get infraction points, you wont be banned because you hopefully don't have any other infraction points to add to the total. Never break a rule or push your luck on purpose that would be my rule of thumb.

Also if you are known to be behaved and kind, then if you do mess up people are more likely to see that as a slip up where as if you (not anyone specifically) are constantly pushing the limits people will not be as forgiving of an indiscretion.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinah View Post
May I use your mother as an example rather than mine?....because if I use my mother's example I will be banned for sure. Not to be mean to my mom she is the person who taught me how to stand up for myself, I just had to teach myself how to do so in a ladylike fashion LOL.

I think a good rule of thumb would be try to be good all the time, that way if you do slip up and get infraction points, you wont be banned because you hopefully don't have any other infraction points to add to the total. Never break a rule or push your luck on purpose that would be my rule of thumb.

Also if you are known to be behaved and kind, then if you do mess up people are more likely to see that as a slip up where as if you (not anyone specifically) are constantly pushing the limits people will not be as forgiving of an indiscretion.
OK use my mother as an example... LOL

I think that the problem is some of the PUBLIC/Private forum posts are sailing very close to the wind......
I noticed this a while ago and was going to make a discussion post today about it......
Susan beat me to it in a way.....

Old 01-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
desertanimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
I am quite sure we've been over this at great length in the very recent past.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google