CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

The battle is over... the girlfriend won! 5:3

Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
greenman
The battle is over... the girlfriend won! 5:3

Alas after a long uphill battle with my girlfriend, girlfriends family and my family. It appears I will stop with the amount I snakes I have now and cannot get anymore unless I breed them myself.

But let me explain further so I don’t seem like a whipped dude! The first reason I’m not aloud anymore snakes is the most irrational won and the one I could care less for! The irrational emotional attachment with "I hate snakes" "they are gross!" " I don’t want anything to do with them!" and yada yada yah. I could argue this one all day but no matter the outcome of the conversation there still will be a general distaste to my animals.

The next reason, im way to busy! Im the Head Trainers of a 30 personal training staff, Im a student studying Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Biomechanics, I have my out fitness related goals and i also do various health seminars monthly! I don’t have the time to invest in this hobby again

As it stands I have 3 animals. 1yr old Female ghost het mot. and 1.1 pair of Butter stripes (6 weeks old) IM VERY happy with what i have but I emotional investing a lot into the idea of breeding! In the future I really would love to get into the breeding scene AND I've been given the green light on breeding my snakes and keeping various babies! Maybe I can get some cool animals through my Butter stripe male and ghost. Second generation will give me some fun stuff.

Anyway, This is more of a relieving rant I felt the need to write down somewhere! I HOPE some of you can relate to this and I would love to hear your stories!!!

Now back to working on some seminars, studying cervical spine influence to the ankle and holding my butter girl 

Old 10-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
GSDlover
You should have just got her a pink one and then she'd be happy

Kidding.
At least you have your butters!

Also doesn't sound whipped to me, sounds more like you were fighting a non winning battle - and then realized it was silly since you didn't have time anyways.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
greenman
very true!
plus in 2 years i can breed my ghost girl and theres no saying how many babies im aloud to keep
heh heh heh

Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
wstphal
Give it a couple years. When she sees how cute they are when they pip, and that they are not gross, she may change her mind. And no, you don't sound whipped, you sound like a guy who has found a good gal & is willing to compromise for her!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
gelshark
they will grow on here greenie, thats what they did to my wife, now shes even pulling them out and defending having snakes to others
took about 2 1/2 yrs though

Old 10-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
Fatman608
Sorry, you sound whipped. Now I understand reason number two that you do not have the time because of work and school.

Love the Fatman

Old 10-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
Vicic17
Hey Dude, does it still count if i give u one of my hatchies for free one day?? and trust me, it's kind of good to have a limit, we're at 20 snakes, now we're getting a savannah monitor and possibly a dwarf type alligator/croc?? i dont know how good of an idea that one is but he wants one and its his place.. i guess what im saying is, without a limit, you run out of space and money fast! besides like u said ur living the collector/breeder life through me! ur welcome to come by and check things out/help out whenever you want! but u sure are crazy busy and i must say *WPSHHHH! (best i can do at typing the sound of a whip, this is a joke ps.) lol, good luck with the battle, if it helps i take ur side bro! lol.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
ShenziSixaxis
They made you stop at three? ...You're whipped.

But nice job having a positive attitude about it!

Old 10-02-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
Lucille
You post this big headline type title that the gf won, then you post that a substantial reason is your own time constrictions.

Many people for various reasons have pauses in this hobby where other things take precedence for a while. I would say however that if the time factor is the real factor, that you not place blame elsewhere.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #10
GSDlover
Pfffft, he doesn't sound whipped.
More like he doesn't sound single guys.

I'm just glad my boyfriend likes snakes as much as me, I still think you should try on her about a pink one or a hypo lavender. :P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google