CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

finally, first bite over with...

Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
Haarstad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinah View Post
...It was our fault becuase she was in blue at the time...
What's Blue?

Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
Jdog3131
Blue is when the snake is in shed and their eyes turn blue i'm pretty sure that some where on the fourms theres a common quotes or appeveations

Old 10-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #13
Jdog3131
yea common terms it's a sticky which means it'l stay there it's under miscellaneous corn snake discussions

Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #14
Dinah
Yep when they are in shed their color changes, its called being in blue. But with snow corn snakes it can at times be hard at times to notice the color change and so that is why were trying to mess with her during that time. Now that we have had her for a while I can tell when she is going into her shedding phase because her in tank behavior changes (she hides a lot and doesn't climb or sit on her favorite branch for a week or so), also she has pretty much been like clock work, I know to start looking for her behavior to change around the 20th of the month give or take a few days. But when she did her tail rattle/head butt, she was still pretty new so I hadn't figured out her routine yet.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #15
95zclx
the 3 new additions are seeming to like their new homes, they are cruising around their vivs...we are moving this week and will have to set up new homes for them when we get settled in ourselves.

I hope to get some pictures up to show them off soon.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #16
Jdog3131
pics would be nice

Old 10-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #17
wretchedprocess
How old does a carpet python have to be before it counts? I've only ever been bitten by baby corns, kings, and milks. But the yearling carpet at the pet store left a rather nicer mark.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
Fatman608
Hey Wretched,

A yearling carpet python is close to counting but only if it chewed on you for more than 60 seconds.

I had a 8 foot Burm that lock on and tried to kill my hand and I do not count that because there use no chewing.

I do count my 4ft Cali King (Ozzy) because he locks on and chews until I run water over his head. The only reason I own a snake hook is because of him.

Love the Fatman

Old 10-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
Jdog3131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman608 View Post

The only reason I own a snake hook is because of him.

Love the Fatman
well who knows maybe he'll stop and you can play ninja with

Old 10-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
VioletS16
My 20 inch royal Zeus clamped onto me and constricted my finger for 30 seconds until I dumped water over his head!! Muscles chomped me once when I first got [caught] him but it's understandable and last night Citrus gave me a nip but it was barely a nip :P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google