CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Anyone else find "toddler pageants" creepy?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
chris68
Anyone else find "toddler pageants" creepy?

My daughter watches them on one of the cable channels...Maybe it's the whole JonBenet Ramsey thing but little girls dressed like princesses (or worse), dancing like mini-Beyonces, trying to act "sassy" or even "sexy" just creeps me out. Fake teeth, spray on tans, bikini's (and not your typical toddler two piece) and not ONE kid I've seen wasn't a brat that needed an ol' fashioned @ss-whack...

Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Jdog3131
I agree my sisters watch them and the kids and parents are off IMO.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
Tavia
You mean the pedophile feasts? Yes, pretty much all of the people who are in those things are off their rocker.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #4
ShenziSixaxis
I can't believe these shows were even thought of to begin with.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
Lennycorn
I too think it's odd to have little girls dress and act in such a matter. I would tend to think that it all started (way back when) pretty innocent. Baby parade type of thing but I guessing when the competition and money got bigger so did they "'level of play". And one does think this could lead to (as stated) pedophile feasts.

but......

Who are we with ""hoards"" of snakes in tiny bins and dead rodents in the freezer to say anything.

I guessing that's what they think of us too......odd.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
susang
I guess I'm dating myself here but I remember when every Mom wanted the 'Campbells soup baby'. I just can't imagine any of those Moms spray tanning, lip injecting, dimple creating procedures done to their kids. Then again Shirley Temple (On The Good Ship Lollipop) was pretty much exploited by her parents and studios.
I think the kid pageants and 'kid dance crews' is over the top. As already said the skimpy costumes and gyrating, UGH, creepy.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
Michael823
Gotta' agree! I find it a little creepy as well. Don't most parents want to see their kids just be kids? I could never see making a child dress up like that, at the risk having them win and either - rocketing their self-centered-ness, or destroying their self-confidence, especially at such a young age.

On top of that... I just find it sickening to judge a child, or admire a child, in that way. Again, let them be children. It's not their fault that their parents couldn't live out their own dreams.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #8
pridecity
I'm watching all the episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras. It's a morbid fascination; sort of like a car crash. You have to look. Though, I'll be honest. If I had a child and they came up to me one day and said "Mommy, I want to be in a beauty pageant" then I would say okay. My child would have the freedom to decide if they wanted to be tanned, glitz, "natural", and have flippers. If my child wanted to do them every week and I could afford it, then I'd let them. When they wanted to stop, they would be able to.

I guess my opinion is as such because when I was little, I wanted to do things and was told no. Of course, one of my demands was to grow up to be a horse....... Lol.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
azhketh
Quote:
Originally Posted by pridecity View Post
I guess my opinion is as such because when I was little, I wanted to do things and was told no. Of course, one of my demands was to grow up to be a horse....... Lol.
lmao! I always wanted to be an animal instead of human. Mainly a dolphin or orca, but sometimes a horse, or tiger, or just about anything else. I've always loved animals. I wish science would catch up with science fiction so I could shapeshift.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #10
TheJadeReptile
I have seen a few episodes. I find it creepy, odd, disgusting, and Easy for Pedophiles. Have you noticed most of the parents were or wanted to be "pageant material" in their youth?

P.S. About the whole growing up to be an animal. I wanted to be a horse, unicorn, or Pegasus!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google