CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

identifying a snake..

Old 05-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
tanner123
identifying a snake..

well i went on my first field herping trip and i found a little snake about 4 inches and it basically looks exactly like a northern red bellied snake but it said the babies are usually born in late summer and aren't usually around here but it looks almost exactly like a northern red belly but i donno sorry for rambling ill describe it. its kind dark grey and bright orange belly kinda and a small head with yellow dots on the back of its neck ill try to get some pictures soon. but can anyone tell me what this could possibley be i live in southwestern ontario kind of close to london.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
Checkerbelly
I would guess a redbelly. They tend to have some tan or yellowish marks behind their heads.

Maybe it's a yearling. Their yougnin's have got to be TINY.

The range map says they're in southern Ontario.
http://nhic.mnr.gov.on.ca/herps/snakes.html

Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
tanner123
thank you very much i saw a map that said they didnt come down this far and this guy is very very very tiny but prolly still a yearling but he is a cute little bugger and im gonna go find him some worms for him to eat and slugs and stuff so he can not die soon im more then likely going to let him go in a bit and thank you for that

Old 05-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
Checkerbelly
I used to catch them around Detroit, so I have to believe that they live in southern Ontario too. Good luck with the little guy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google