CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Very slow to load pages.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
LBoz
Same thing happened to me a few minutes ago when I was trying to post. I can't be positive, but it seems to happen to me more frequently when I try to "quote" someone. Again, it's hit or miss, but there have been times when I haven't been able to get back into the forum for as long as ten minutes or more. (Yes, I AM that addicted to cs.com)

Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #12
ratsncorns
I had the same problem a few minutes ago. Its on and off for me, but most of the time the forum loads fine.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
Rich Z
Seems to me the last time we had this problem I had to kill the DYK thread because it was getting so large that the server was struggling having to load all those posts for each person reading that thread. I may have to kill the latest one as well. Sorry guys, but this software just was not designed with such HUGE threads being active.

We also had a situation whereby people were putting those dragon eggs within their signature area that was causing quite a burden from those off site links having to be process before their signature graphics would display. Has anyone noticed someone using some odd graphics in their signature areas lately?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
wade
What do you mean by Odd Graphics? I haven't seen any dragon eggs.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #15
LBoz
Nope, haven't seen dragon eggs either, but I have noticed that a few members have [sig][/sig] in their signature area, but I was thinking maybe that it was a crypts vs. bloods thang.

Rich, is it possible that the WIR is causing problems? All the pics I link are typically already posted here, but I'm not sure if reposting them causes double the bandwidth??

Old 02-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #16
medusacoils
I have been seeing the same problem. Mine seems to stall when loading ads from Fauna ads. I was actually going to post a thread regarding it. Next time it happens watch to see where it stalls.

Wayne

EDIT: At first, I thought it may be an issue with my computer and spent a day doing some cleaning and maintenance on it. It still happened even after I went through the machine.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #17
Rich Z
Well, I seem to on occasion get "brownouts" where pages won't load, but I don't know if it is my server or some other server along the line between my PC and MY server. It lasts for about 30 seconds, and then everything is working normally again. Of course something like this will be pretty tough to nail down, because if it IS my server, of course when the techs look at it, they won't see the problem.

So if you have this happen to you, how about trying to access FaunaClassifieds and see if you have the same problem. If a lot of people have issues getting to both sites (which are on the same server), then that will give me something to go on.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:15 AM   #18
Nanci
It stalls for me when I am searching for New Posts.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #19
LBoz
Rich, just now I tried to go to New Posts and it wouldn't open after 30 seconds. I checked fauna and it opened fine. Then I came back here and it opened as well. Not sure if that helps, but just an fyi.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #20
Rich Z
I'm going to lock the DYK2 thread to see if that makes a difference...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google