CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rich - "ignore feature" request

Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
LBoz
Rich - "ignore feature" request

Hey Rich...is there any way the forum can be modified so that members can ignore someone (aside from forum staff)? I don't really need my own personal forum, but if there is no way that this can be easily corrected without one, I'll gladly pay the forum price for this feature. Thoughts?

Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
bitsy
I have an Ignore function in my User CP that's worked for me?

User CP
Menu on the left
Settings & Options
Edit Ignore Options

You can then just add the user name of the person you want to ignore.

Is that what you need?

Old 03-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
LBoz
Sorry, Bitsy....I should have clarified...I can ignore anyone UNLESS they have a personal forum. Then they're listed as a moderator and cannot be ignored by non-forum owner members.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
wade
There is a way to do it Lori but I can't remember how just now. I'm thinking.

Edit: With your clarification, I don't know how to ignore a moderator. God knows I have tried.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
bitsy
Oops - sorry!

Old 03-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Sorry, Bitsy....I should have clarified...I can ignore anyone UNLESS they have a personal forum. Then they're listed as a moderator and cannot be ignored by non-forum owner members.
Do you know for a fact that you _could_ ignore mods/forum owners if you had a personal forum? For example, you could have Dean try it out.

I don't know the answer.

I have only felt the need to ignore one person, in all the forums in all my life, and that was not here, not on a herp-related forum, but it had to do with an arguement about feeding mice to snakes.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
wilomn
Having been in the same situation as you, doubtless from the same source, I once queried Rich about this.

Unless things have changed, it can't be done which is doubtless why this person, or persons, have personal forum.

It both sucks and blows but such is life. I figure it an excercise in mental control to do my best to pretend they don't exist no matter how schmarmy or stupid or buttlicking or annoying they are. It's not always easy but if I can do it, surely it would be no problem for you. Seriously.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
LBoz
Wes, you crack me up.

Unfortunately, Nanci is correct...one forum owner cannot ignore another forum owner.

So I guess I'll refer back to my original question...is there any way to modify this without causing you a boatload of extra work, Rich?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
snakewispera snr
Lori..... You've narrowed it down to 45 people....
It's not me is it?????

Old 03-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
wade
I'm surprised Mike hasn't had a comment on this subject.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google