CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rich - "ignore feature" request

Old 03-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
Susan
A member, even another moderator, is not able to ignore a moderator for the obvious reason...they are a moderator, and Rich will not change that, again, for the obvious reason. You'll just have to live with it and simply not read anything that member's posts.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
Nanci
I don't think she wants to ignore a mod, Susan, but when a person has their own forum, then they can't be ignored, even though they aren't a moderator. I think we found that out when David had his forum. (No offense, David, but the subject came up, and that's how we found that fact out).

Old 03-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #13
LBoz
Right, Nanci..thanks. I don't need or want to ignore the forum staff.

And no, Mike...it's not you, silly!

Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
diamondlil
I'd pay extra on the membership to bypass that feature. I understand it's because a forum owner gets clased as a moderator of their own forum, I don't want to ignore the site mods at all but I'm really, totally irritated by someone! I've never used the ignore facility at all before, just my luck I can't use it now I really want to!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #15
wade
Who are you mad a J9? Man I better be on my best behavior. Maybe even better than that.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #16
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I don't think she wants to ignore a mod, Susan, but when a person has their own forum, then they can't be ignored, even though they aren't a moderator. I think we found that out when David had his forum. (No offense, David, but the subject came up, and that's how we found that fact out).
I am fully aware of what she means, but personal site owners are the moderators of their particular personal forum and are therefore granted the courtesy of not being able to be put on ignore because of it. If Rich allowed a personal forum owner to be ignored, he would also give members the ability to ignore them in their own forum. He can't make that function distinguish being ignored in one part of the forum and not another.

I really have no idea what has brought this up, but I am now getting PMs because of it and I'm not happy about it. If someone can't be mature enough to simply ignore another member without the help of a stupid button, then that's just tough feces. Nobody on this forum forces anyone to read anything they don't want to with the exception of the site mods when a problem arises, at which point WE are forced to read BS that we don't want to. And now I have to spend my time looking up what all this baloney is about. JEESH!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #17
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Who are you mad a J9? Man I better be on my best behavior. Maybe even better than that.
I'm not mad at you Wade! If I was I'd tell you and we'd argue, make up and get over it. I'm mad at someone I don't like at all and never have. Someone I could smack up the side of their head.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Someone I could smack up the side of their head.

runs and hides.......

Old 03-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I am fully aware of what she means, but personal site owners are the moderators of their particular personal forum and are therefore granted the courtesy of not being able to be put on ignore because of it. If Rich allowed a personal forum owner to be ignored, he would also give members the ability to ignore them in their own forum. He can't make that function distinguish being ignored in one part of the forum and not another.

I really have no idea what has brought this up, but I am now getting PMs because of it and I'm not happy about it. If someone can't be mature enough to simply ignore another member without the help of a stupid button, then that's just tough feces. Nobody on this forum forces anyone to read anything they don't want to with the exception of the site mods when a problem arises, at which point WE are forced to read BS that we don't want to. And now I have to spend my time looking up what all this baloney is about. JEESH!
With due respect Susan, it's really hard to ignore someone with an itchy posting finger. I'm not forced to read their posts and I don't, but I can't escape threads I like reading getting clogged up with their posts. I'm not moaning or whining, just making an observation in a discussion. Or maybe I am whining, because I'm getting a headcold and feeling irritable. If so, sorry, I'll just mutter to myself!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
wade
I'm good with that J9. let's skip the argument and start the make up process.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google