• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Computer Programing Warning

Susan

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Hey Rich, I'm seeing this at the very top of the home page over the CS.com logo. It wasn't there last night and I haven't found it on any other pages...yet. Just a "heads up".

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/index.php on line 151

Hmmm. I see this: (Opera)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/index.php on line 151

It wasn't the logo it was a line of black text at the very top of the home page.

What she said.

And it's gone now...not exactly sure when it disappeared, but at least Nanci will verify that I'm not completely crazy. But then again, it may have been a Florida female moderator hormonally induced hallucination.

What text line are you referring to?

When we viewed the home page of this forum, written above everything else (above the logo) was this line of type: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/index.php on line 151

Is anyone still seeing that problem or has it healed itself?

I haven't seen it since yesterday morning. Not being overly computer literate, when I see something that starts out with "Warning", I tend to panic. Since Nanci also saw it, I can at least rule out a problem with my computer, but I also know that you had a DOS attack not too long ago and little oddities like this may be an indication that someone else is trying to mess around with the site.

I don't believe a DDoS attack would manifest itself in this manner. What would happen is that first you would see extreme slowness in page response, escalating until the server just shut down from too many page requests bogging down the channel so nothing could get out. Distributed Denial of Service attacks basically flood the server with bogus requests for service until the server just chokes under the load. At best, you may see an message stating that the server is too busy or else the site is completely off line.

Back