• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yikes do I need to clean my snake?

Pretty1234me

Bella rocks!
So I took my Bella out of her viv and placed her in a smaller one (temporarily) so I scopedout her main viv for poop and add a little more substrate (eco earth). In the 5-7 minutes i spent doing that, Bella had pooped and smeared it all over her temporary viv and herself! My question is do I need to clean her?!?! I tried to wipe her down a bit but she didn't care for it; she was more interested in getting her poopyness on my sleeve *gross*:eek1:. Will she be fine? or do I need to clean her? If so, how do you clean a snake....? I might as well extend my question to feeding..she gets pinky juice all over herself as well...should I clean her then? or just leave her alone.

personal preference and how the snake takes to it are important here i guess.

If my snake has a particularly gruesome meal i run him through some tissue paper on his way back into the vivarium, i try not to mess to much with him after hes eaten. You could always wipe them down after they've finished digestion, but before you want to handle again.

Some snakes find being washed stressfull though so watchout for signs

Theres no actual need to be washed from the snakes point of view, ie. they go unwashed in the wild hehe

On the odd occasions mine have managed to get themselves coated in something unspeakable (usually of their own making!), I get a damp, cool and non-human use, towel or flannel, and just let them run through it. That removes the worst of any gunk.

I just wash mine under the faucet in cool water and dry with a kitchen towel...(If they musk or poo all over).

Nanci

I run them under the faucet too followed by a nice warm towel dry. They seem to prefer it to a full on tub bath and frankly, it's less work.

I normally take a small tupperware tub and make a "bath" out of it that they can sit in for a couple of minutes and "wash" off. But I think I've only done this maybe twice lol

Back