• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Retirement........

Do you just wanted to make a step forward to the 14k post? less than one and a half year here in the forum and nearly 14k postings, man it seems you have a lot to say. Well, with your 21 years (you're allowed to drink alcohol now huh?) things seem to be different than for other people. Sorry but I couldn't control myself. When other people are allowed to post pointless postings I think I'm allowed to do that too. :twohammer

What was that all about? We all have different points of view, not necessarily pointless, just different. And, some people post more than others, just like in 'real life' some people talk a lot and others are quieter.
Enjoy people for what they are.

Hell I kill the Squirrels they breed 2 times a year in warmer areas. They did a number on my tomatos this year. I put a Conibear traps out for them they snaped the trap 3 times without getting one of the furry tailed rats. I used to shoot them with a 177 pellet gun so much fun!!!

I love how someone has the audacity to come on here and argue with the site's owner. That takes cajones... Or maybe just an empty head.

Well you need to wipe the stinky crap off your face. No one like people that kiss ass. Why not argue with Rich everyone is entitled to their oppion this is America you know and freedom of speech is one of our most valuable assets of this country. If I'm not mistaken Rich is human like all the rest of us here.No one on this fourm or on this world has all the right answers. We all make mistakes and are wrong from time to time. I have to agree with JimGERcream I think you sometimes just post to get your post number up or is it attention you are looking for. Sometimes I just shake my head at some of your posts. Nothing to say except at look at me I made a post with nothing meaningfull to say.

I think it's pretty audacious to break site rules in a thread started by the admin! I'll repeat my new mantra: attack ideas, not each other.

Ok, and your argument in this sentence is...where?! Someone is audacious when he has another opinion than Rich? Hmmm okay, that's interesting, no argument but interesting.
I've read the whole discussion and I can understand both sides.

Do you just wanted to make a step forward to the 14k post? less than one and a half year here in the forum and nearly 14k postings, man it seems you have a lot to say. Well, with your 21 years (you're allowed to drink alcohol now huh?) things seem to be different than for other people. Sorry but I couldn't control myself. When other people are allowed to post pointless postings I think I'm allowed to do that too. :twohammer

Perhaps the pertinent issue here is why YOU haven't been a more active here in the 5 years you have been a member rather then berating another member who chooses to give so much of their time and efforts in order to help this site grow. After all, it is participation from the members that makes or breaks a message board site, so quite frankly, I value and encourage everyone to participate here as much as they are willing to do. People come to this site for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is just for the companionship of other members, and the freedom to interact with them about any topic at all they choose to discuss. For someone to berate another because they choose to interact with so many people and completely enjoy themselves with this interaction is completely assinine, in my opinion.

Quite pointedly, if anyone has a problem with that, then perhaps they can find a site somewhere else that actively limits participation to maybe one post a day or perhaps scrutinizes each post and filters out any post (and subsequently members as well) not worthy based on some arbitrary high brow criteria of being "advanced" or "technical" in scope. Actually, now that I think of it, someone actually DID talk about starting up a cornsnake site with exactly that sort of thing in mind. And as I said then, I will say now. More power to you in THAT endeavor.... :laugh:

Personally I don't feel it's disrespectful to disagree with the site owner...
I do think it's impolite to be blunt about it, and do so with an accusing note- The place -is- being funded and -exists- thanks to said person's efforts. If anything, I do believe it does grant him the right to be addressed gracefully.

There are a million ways to say the same thing- why must people always choose the most accusing and anagonizing tones?

Vinman- Dude, come -on-, sure, it's America- so now America's about being rude? I admit I don't live there but that's not the impression I got.
I understand the point you're trying to make but again I feel you could have made the exact same point and be less foul about it.

Be opinionated, by all means, but being rude to the site owner's is plain being uncivilized and ungrateful... especially as I don't really see how the tone was warranted.

I wish I had a hundred Robbies on my site. He's constantly posting photos, is always encouraging to others, and basically he's a fun and interesting person. *shrug*

Wow, I last checked this this morning and now....wow...
let's see...I LOVE Rich's answer to jimGERcream....first this guy barely contributes anything to the site, and then he blasts ROBBIE of all people? Robbie contributes a TON to this place, and he is adored by many! :) (for good reason, too!)

And then we have the vinman being...well..being the vinman. What else can one say?

Oren, MOST Americans are not rude, but a select few most certainly are. And I see it getting worse every year....

And Lori, completely agree girlfriend!

I wish I had a hundred Robbies on my site. He's constantly posting photos, is always encouraging to others, and basically he's a fun and interesting person. *shrug*

Perhaps-- but that would be way too many Robbies for this site. ;)

(ABSOLUTELY a joke, Robbie...)

Wow, I last checked this this morning and now....wow...
let's see...I LOVE Rich's answer to jimGERcream....first this guy barely contributes anything to the site, and then he blasts ROBBIE of all people? Robbie contributes a TON to this place, and he is adored by many! :) (for good reason, too!)

And then we have the vinman being...well..being the vinman. What else can one say?

Oren, MOST Americans are not rude, but a select few most certainly are. And I see it getting worse every year....

And Lori, completely agree girlfriend!

I didn't think that more were, just tried to emphasize my point, Vinman basically compared the right to be opinionated and outspoken to being rude... making them basically the same,
I tried to convey the difference and that I disagree

I love how someone has the audacity to come on here and argue with the site's owner. That takes cajones... Or maybe just an empty head.

Take it down a thousand my post may be a little rude . As you can see so was Robbies comment to another member. I dont see any of you scolding him.

Rich himself praised Robbie's enthusiasm on HIS site. Scolding Robs would be like scolding a puppy having fun with a ball.

Vincent, you amaze me. You drop in for 10 posts a year, start an argument, and then disappear for another year. It must be hard to have to whole world against you like you do. Everyone is out to get you.

You are wrong about this site. People disagree with Rich quite often. It would be silly not to, he is wrong quite often and many feel they should point it out to him. I have never understood how a man can raise and sale so many cornsnakes when he is so clueless about snakes and the world in general. It seems like I have to correct him on something every time he makes a post.

Take it down a thousand my post may be a little rude . As you can see so was Robbies comment to another member. I dont see any of you scolding him.

My post about site rules was directed at a number of people. And in fact, upon reading my post again, it could be interpreted as being directed at Robbie alone. That wasn't my intent.

Vincent, you amaze me. You drop in for 10 posts a year, start an argument, and then disappear for another year. It must be hard to have to whole world against you like you do. Everyone is out to get you.

You are wrong about this site. People disagree with Rich quite often. It would be silly not to, he is wrong quite often and many feel they should point it out to him. I have never understood how a man can raise and sale so many cornsnakes when he is so clueless about snakes and the world in general. It seems like I have to correct him on something every time he makes a post.

No the last 2 yeas I had not much to post about. Year before last bad breeding year. This year lost all my eggs except a few. I post up what I can and when I feel so, next year should be different as I should have a lot to post about. I dont think it is right to say anyone has a empty head wether they are liked or disliked. and kissing butt is kissing butt plain and simple.

Roy my post was not directed at you . I got the gist that you were talking to all

No the last 2 yeas I had not much to post about. Year before last bad breeding year. This year lost all my eggs except a few. I post up what I can and when I feel so, next year should be different as I should have a lot to post about. I dont think it is right to say anyone has a empty head wether they are liked or disliked. and kissing butt is kissing butt plain and simple.

Roy my post was not directed at you . I got the gist that you were talking to all

I did not realize that you actually needed to have a good breeding season to post on this site.....
I bred 8 females this year...and got 4...yes count em 4...hatchlings. And I posted just as much as I usually do.......

Perhaps-- but that would be way too many Robbies for this site. ;)

(ABSOLUTELY a joke, Robbie...)
No, . . . a, one, single, uno, solitary, individual, lone, sole, Robbie is plenteeeeeeee for this place!!! Could you imagine even two?! Nobody else would be able to get a word in edgewise!!! :eek:

D80

PS And don't even try to envision if they got in an argument with each other!!!1111

Broaden your horizons, Vinny. There is so much more to the world that people wish to talk about then just corn snakes. Matter of fact, I may broaden the horizons for this site to accommodate this trend. I think the membership can justify it just based on what I see in the Chit Chat forum.

Heck, just look at this thread. No one likes to stay exactly on topic anyway. And it's just like REAL people do when they are having REAL conversations in person. And just like in real life, some will talk a WHOLE lot more than others if they get the chance. And others, you couldn't shut them up by smacking them with a two by four.... :laugh:

Broaden your horizons, Vinny. There is so much more to the world that people wish to talk about then just corn snakes. Matter of fact, I may broaden the horizons for this site to accommodate this trend. I think the membership can justify it just based on what I see in the Chit Chat forum.

Heck, just look at this thread. No one likes to stay exactly on topic anyway. And it's just like REAL people do when they are having REAL conversations in person. And just like in real life, some will talk a WHOLE lot more than others if they get the chance. And others, you couldn't shut them up by smacking them with a two by four.... :laugh:

I'm on this fourm and 4 fish fourms We talk about everything on all 5 fourms it just dont pertain to the animals of that forum. I can't even tell you the stuff I have talked about on this sites chat room. Some steemie late night convos !!!!

Back