CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Should I feed my baby corn 2 pinkie?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Mikesnakeares
Should I feed my baby corn 2 pinkie?

So today i decided to feed my 14 inch corn snake 2 pinkies. Is that bad? Because I don't want to over feed him either. I just want him grow fast And he ate them fine

Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
K. Rene
Hmm, I would feed mine two prey items if I had to. As in if I didn't have the next prey size available, and only if I couldn't tell that the snake had eaten the first pinky. I feed mine once a week and they can grow as fast or slow as they like, I'm in no hurry for them to reach a certain size.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
ceduke
I like to err on the side of feeding a little less. Less chance of a regurge or overweight snakes later.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
creamsicle83
Its fine to do that just once or twice... but try to get the next size up, fuzzy!

Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
AliCat37
Yes. You should feed him two pinkies. I'm not sure why everyone is saying not to? o.o
However, in my experience, unless you're breeding your own mice you won't be able to feed him an appropriate sized meal every time. The petstore fuzzies are HUGE compared to pinkies and may be too big for him. I usually raise my hatchlings from 1 pink, to 2 pinks, then a fuzzy, to 2 fuzzies, and then hoppers. After hoppers I just move up to adult, but I also have access to a rodent breeder and I can get small adults, then move to larger ones.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #6
Corns&boas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
Yes. You should feed him two pinkies. I'm not sure why everyone is saying not to? o.o
However, in my experience, unless you're breeding your own mice you won't be able to feed him an appropriate sized meal every time. The petstore fuzzies are HUGE compared to pinkies and may be too big for him. I usually raise my hatchlings from 1 pink, to 2 pinks, then a fuzzy, to 2 fuzzies, and then hoppers. After hoppers I just move up to adult, but I also have access to a rodent breeder and I can get small adults, then move to larger ones.
I agree. But once youv don't this 2 or 3 times I'd just move up got he fuzzy.
Iv fed mine a fuzzy already. He's already on them. Can't wait for the hoppers

Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
james
I agree with Alicat37 it is fine to give two pinkies that's what I did with my corn then when she was ready I moved up a food item size fuzzies then to adult . She is now coming up to three and 350g's just started her on weaning rat boy does she love them . She eats them faster then she ever did mice .

Old 08-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
Mikesnakeares
Alright thanks guys!

Old 05-13-2015, 02:52 PM   #9
roadkill146
I've had my snake about 9 months but recently my pet store has only had really tiny pinkies but my snake is pretty thin still so I don't know if I should jump to fuzzies would two be okay?

Old 05-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #10
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill146 View Post
I've had my snake about 9 months but recently my pet store has only had really tiny pinkies but my snake is pretty thin still so I don't know if I should jump to fuzzies would two be okay?
For future reference, it would be best to start your own thread, rather than post on an old one.

How much does your snake weigh?
You can feed a couple smaller prey items if there are not appropriate sized rodents available.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake