• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

East Coast Help

Does anyone on the east coast have a feeder supplier that they are willing to put in a good word for? I'm in Maine and cannot seem to find a good supplier with good product!! I'm not happy with the feeders I'm getting at the only pet store within 60 miles of me so I'm looking for an online supplier that ships to the east coast without astronomical prices to do so

Nicole

From what I've read on here it seems rodent pro has the best prices for the east coast but I haven't investigated yet so maybe someone else knows somewhere better, I'm interested as well. I'm still on pinks and they are cheap enough by me but I thinking of getting a second corn soon and I like that most places you can order them by weight were no stores here by me sell by weight just by "size" so that's a little inconvenient in the future for me

Big Cheese has a good reputation and has a flat rate shipping special right now. You may be in the right zone for American Rodent Supply, which has a good reputation as well.

Oh great thank you so much!! I got some pinkies for Picky Otis yesterday at the only pet store around and they were terrible!! Otis wouldn't even go near them!! I mean they were almost black in color when I thawed them out and they even had a smell to them that was disgusting!!! My corns are my babies and I refuse to feed them something that I am unsure about so I threw them out! The only place I can get decent feeders in my area now is over 60 miles away so I would rather buy online!!!

Nicole

Have you tried "Reptiles by Mack?" I believe they are out of Ohio which is fairly close to you. They have their own Brand of Rats and Mice which Rufus loves. I am able to buy them here locally, but you can also order them and have them shipped. (I have no idea about their shipping rates, you'll just have to check them out) but their mice are good quality and priced right in the stores. (Link below)

https://macksnaturalreptilefood.com/shop/

Thanks Karl!! I went and drove 66 miles today to get some pinkies for Otis from a different place and you know what......he ate two for the very first time!! So now I'm starting to wonder if poor quality feeders was part of his problem this whole time!!! I would love to start feeding Bella small rats so I will definitely check with reptiles by Mack, I almost bought a corn from them once too!!

Nicole

I am in Western NYS and have only ordered bulk mice twice. The first time was from American Rodent. I bought sizes crawler up through jumbo. There was very little frozen poop and urine in with the mice. The jumbo size were not as "fresh" as the smaller sizes: the jumbo ziplock bags were quite brittle, the jumbo mice darkened up when thawed and smelled a bit strong. Gypsy only ate one jumbo size once and rejected them ever after so I threw those away. The second time I bulk ordered was from Layne Labs. Yes, I bit the bullet on the shipping. I have only had these mice for one feeding, but they look great! The mice are not stuck to each other at all, are very white, no odor when thawed. I have seen exactly one piece of poop and no frozen urine. The resealable pouches are super thick. The tails and legs are tucked. Yes, it is expensive to ship, but the product is amazing.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you had trouble with the Jumbos from ARS DLena. I bought pinkies from them at a show and was very pleased with them.

I'm a Layne Labs lover and am on my third order from there. Shipping to the Midwest costs in the $45 range so I can imagine what it costs to the East Coast. I do the math and it is still cost effective for me over buying in a local store.

I agree, their quality has been flawless. My last order came in Mylar resealable bags (rather than heavy plastic), though I have taken to repackaging in smaller Ziploc Vacuum bags (hand pump style) and then putting those in regular Ziploc freezer bags. Freezer burn is not a function of mouse quality, but rather of packaging. Luckily freezer burn mostly rehydrates if you thaw your mice in water. In any case the Mylar, if you don't repackage, should be less permeable to air.

Actually, I saw your info about the ziplock bags and hand pump in a post a few days ago and ordered them off Amazon. They should arrive tomorrow. I thought I would resize into the smaller bags, then put those into other bags. I'm trying to protect my investment, the nutritional value and the "Yumminess" of the mice.
Layne Labs' shipping was $87 on a 350 varied-size mouse order of $189. That's .79 per feeder and well worth it if I can keep them properly frozen. No bedding, fecal matter or frozen urine.
For comparison: American Rodent Supply shipping was $29 on a 200 varied-size mouse order of $89. That's $.59 per feeder, and a total that's much easier to see. Except for the jumbos, which I think were a tad old, the rest were well received by everyone. But there was a very small amount of bedding,fecal matter and frozen urine in with the mice and a few were quite intertwined.
...and now I'm going to sound stupid...but the LL rodents look more peaceful all straight and tail- tucked, than the ARS rodents where some are splayed out or a bit twisted around. :shrugs:

As someone who worked there briefly just before they started selling feeders...I'm hesitant.

Shucks! Now ya got me concerned! I was getting ready to place an order from Mac's because they are offering 100 pinkies for $29 and with shipping it's a little under $50, which for .50 a pinkie, I'm willing to chance it.

Anyone ever have a bad experience from them with pinkies or in any other way? :eek1:

You can email me (in case you don't wanna blow up the spot!) at:

[email protected] or [email protected]

Thanx guys!!!! :crazy02:

. . .
...and now I'm going to sound stupid...but the LL rodents look more peaceful all straight and tail- tucked, than the ARS rodents where some are splayed out or a bit twisted around. :shrugs:

Not stupid at ALL! Purchasing pre-killed food that has been mistreated perpetuates a nasty component of human nature and if I know better, I'd rather not be a part of it.

"Sounding stupid" is someone who says that Taco Bell is a Mexican phone company!! :eek1:

Just sayin'.

(Thanx again DLena!!) :crazy02:

The economies of scale work wonders on mouse orders. I only ordered 110 mice for my 3 snakes. That worked out to $1 per mouse including shipping. It is still much cheaper than PetSmart and much nicer mice.

Let me know what you think of those vacuum bags, DLena. So far they are working perfectly for me.

Like I already said, I use Reptiles by Mac's Mice all the time. I've had no issues with the product.

For a total of $49.23 for 100 pinkies, doubt if I could go wrong. I think I'll check them out.

Just waiting for the shells to crack. I'm not superstitious or anything, but since hatchlings don't need to be fed until a week after their first shed (according to a dialogue in a recent thread), I won't count the eggs before they're hatched!! Because, you know the old saying: "A bird in the hand . . .

:grabbit:

. . . . can get ya pretty dirty!"
:crazy02: (doncha just LOVE these emoji's?) :dunce:

Back