CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Old 11-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
DollysMom
Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Vital statistics:

Breeder/Vendor: Elemental Exotics (Tavia)
Hatch date: July 24, 2015
Morph: Normal, het T- albino
Sex: Male
Purchase Date: October 30, 2015
Received via SYR: November 3, 2015
Age at purchase: 14 weeks
Weight at purchase: 8 grams
Length at purchase: 10 inches (approx using serpwidgets)
Name: Clyde (short for Clyde Van Dusen, my dad's army nick name)

The picture in the classified section here that I couldn't stop looking at (photo courtesy Elemental Exotics):

I really thought about the commitment, but once I named him, I was a goner. There was no use waiting further on the decision!

From Clyde's last pre-shipping photo shoot. You can really see his beautiful little snake eyes and the iridescence that AHS are known for (photo courtesy Elemental Exotics):

There's something precious in this box:

Unboxing!

Who is peeking out of that deli cup?

Active healthy baby!

One more snapshot for good measure before his departing for the warm hide.

Welcome home little Clyde!

It has been a real joy working with Elemental Exotics. Thanks for such a healthy and beautiful little snake!

Old 11-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #2
Tavia
Yay! I'm looking forward to watching Clyde's progression!

Old 11-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #3
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Yay! I'm looking forward to watching Clyde's progression!
My son got a new camera so I'm hoping for good photos to come! Thanks again, Tavia. You are awesome!

Old 11-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Neat! African house snakes are a species on my wish list.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Neat! African house snakes are a species on my wish list.
Thanks. My son has had a male named Norm for 13 years, so when I got back into snakes, it was between corns and AHS. I hope you find your own special AHS soon!

Old 11-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
DollysMom
It's evening here and I just went to check on Clyde. I never expected to see him out, about, and climbing in his fake bush. I think of new babies hiding out for a few days unless it is pitch black.

I tried to make his viv like Disneyland for house snakes. Evidently he feels secure enough to explore a little. I couldn't be happier! It's too dark for a pic of this snakey activity, but here's a pic of the viv during set up while I was testing the UTH. He was in the leaves of the bush in the center.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:19 PM   #7
blacktip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
It has been a real joy working with Elemental Exotics. Thanks for such a healthy and beautiful little snake!
They are great! Congrats on picking up one of their babies! Tavia will be thrilled to get to watch it grow up on here.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #8
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktip View Post
They are great! Congrats on picking up one of their babies! Tavia will be thrilled to get to watch it grow up on here.
I feel really blessed to have one of her babies!

Old 11-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #9
DollysMom
Clyde had his first shed with me last night. I didn't know he was in shed. Now, I know he why he looked dusky. I had thought it was my lighting since I've only had him for 6 days but he was in shed. Hiding during acclimation of a baby is normal so I had no clue from behavior.

It was incomplete and I've now corrected my husbandry by providing a humid hide 24/7.

Still, it was a real bonding experience helping him shed the tail, which was stuck. After it was shed he just curled around my fingers. He has totally taken my heart. He's the sweetest little guy especially since my first handling experience with him was having him sit in damp paper towels and then running his tail through the same.

I'm always excited by the first shed with me and am so proud of my little trooper!

Old 11-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #10
jagodzinski
Congrats! That's awesome - very cool first handling experience.

Love seeing the pics of him and his shed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google