CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

hydrometer

Old 11-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
Kate Lines
hydrometer

We have a micro climate control on our corn snake viv what should it read.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
Dragonling
Ideally between 40 and 60%.

Unless you're talking about measuring the relative density of liquids, which is what a hydrometer does. Hygrometers measure relative humidity.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #3
Kate Lines
It's set at 70, but the Viv hasn't got all it should have, its got a micro climate but we are unable to read the levels as they are right at the back, and the thermometer too. The set up was bad and now we've incurred costs we shouldn't have changing everything in the viv only a blue light not enough hides. Just found out the viv is creeping with bugs, we've only had him since Tuesday so angry. Any help would be amazing.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:36 PM   #4
Kate Lines
the temperature in the cool end of our viv is 23.3 degrees the hot end is 26.2 degrees this is centigrade not farenheit. is this ok. would apprieciate some help also re my other message we've cleaned the viv out. and Kaa is quite happy. please help.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
last question 1st- your temps

the 23.3 is not bad for the cool side, but the 26.2 is quite cold for the warm side. Your snake would be happier, (and healthier) if it were about 29 to 30.

I'm not a mind reader, but in the original post the question was raised about a "Hydrometer." Hydrometers are what wine and liquor producers use to measure alcohol content. I'm assuming you are concerned with humidity which is measured with a "Hygrometer."

Most people really don't even need one with a corn snake unless they live in a very damp rain forest, or a hot dry desert. A corn snake can handle 30% to 60% with no problems. I would opt for slightly dryer over slightly wetter.

However, a "Micro Climate Setup" inside a cage is a whole new ball game, as Confined air and moisture do not condition and behave the same as free moving outdoors air. Good luck with it, but I'd be willing to bet, there's going to a constant battle in trying to keep it regulated properly.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
Kate Lines
Smile thanks

Hi thanks everything,

our cornsnake Kaa, has had his first successful shed since he came to us, it went very well, off in one piece. Looks all shiny and new again. was very ready for his his mouse which he devoured. one happy snake.

thanks everyone for your help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google