CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Towel question....

Old 05-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
Maevenish
Towel question....

Hi Everyone~!

So my corn Peach is 2 years old. She's fabulous! I feed her in a plastic bin with a towel. She knows that it's food time in there. Well, I was busy and she had finished her mouse, so I put the whole bin in her cage. I went to get it out and she's still in it. I've checked every day since I fed her (3 days) and she's still in the bin. She usually goes to her humid hide (round hide on left) where the heat is after eating. I've attached a picture. So, should I include a towel for her sometimes in her tank to let her hid in? What do you all think?

Thanks,
Wendy

Old 05-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
why don't you just take her out of the feed bin and put her back in the cage?

Old 05-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #3
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maevenish View Post
Hi Everyone~!

So my corn Peach is 2 years old. She's fabulous! I feed her in a plastic bin with a towel. She knows that it's food time in there. Well, I was busy and she had finished her mouse, so I put the whole bin in her cage. I went to get it out and she's still in it. I've checked every day since I fed her (3 days) and she's still in the bin. She usually goes to her humid hide (round hide on left) where the heat is after eating. I've attached a picture. So, should I include a towel for her sometimes in her tank to let her hid in? What do you all think?

Thanks,
Wendy
Hi Wendy -

I think she just likes the additional hide. However, I wouldn't use a towel as a hide. The minute she poops on it you have a mess, blech. I like to use hides I can throw away when they get soiled. So, maybe another hide.

Enjoy!

-Tonya

Old 05-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #4
Maevenish
Update on Peach and her towel.

Thank you guys for the responses!

For Karl, I didn't take her out because I try not to bug her too much when she's first eaten. I have before and it's been okay but the bin fit and she could get out when she wanted to. Every once in a while she won't eat a mouse so I'll put her and the bin with the mouse in her cage. She's eaten the mouse once when I've done that and went to her regular hide. So I would remove the bin. A couple other times when she didn't eat the mouse, she would get out and leave the mouse in the bin. So I would get the bin out and chuck the mouse. So this time was different. She's never just stayed in the bin. So I was curious to see what she would do. She's my only snake and I spoil her rotten.

For Tonya, yeah, she's pooped before in my bin after eating but before I got her back in her tank. She has a cool hide which she uses but I think it's getting a little small for her. So maybe I'll upsize her cool hide. I do think she enjoys the towel in the bin for feeding.

Thanks everyone!
Stay safe,
Wendy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google