CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

my male is suddenly not holdable

Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #31
Firefur
he did stop feeding now that i think about it but as long as i feed him away from the other two he eats.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #32
haydnrobinson
Hi guys,

sorry to hijack the thread but I thought that this would be a relevant place to put my question as you all seem quite knowledgeable about this type of behaviour.

Salvador is one month off being two years old now, and she (not he in this case) is acting in the same way in that if you pick her up she's often agitated. Until the last month or two she has always been very active and happy when held, but increasingly lately she's been really trying to escape and as firefur described their snake "like a whip worm". Salvador isn't being aggressive at all though, no biting and no striking- just trying to get away. Again, like firefur's corn, it's as if she thinks I'm going to eat her or something. Her temperatures are good and she is eating as normal. We give her F/T mice but she's showing good natural behaviour like striking and constricting the mouse- although since this flighty behaviour has increased I have noticed that she only bites the mouse and eats it almost right away rather than constricting first. The source of her mice hasn't changed. There are no other animals at all in the house that she might be able to smell. We haven't changed the hand sanitizer we use, or even the fabric conditioner on our clothes or anything like that. We spot clean the viv at least once a week but hadn't emptied it all out and cleaned it completely since before this behaviour started. She is only held by my boyfriend and I, mostly me though, which is the same as before. She lives in my room which is mostly empty-especially in the daytime- and even when I'm in it I'm on the opposite side of it to her.

Anyway, any advice on what we can do? I want Salvador to be the happiest she could be in captivity and I'm really not sure why but suddenly that doesn't seem to be the case

Chloe (on haydn's account!) x

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google