• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Questions on my new corn snake!

I purchased a corn snake yesterday, it's a little over a month old. I'm guessing I should try feeding it in like 2 or 3 days? He was snappy when I put him in the cage yesterday so I'm wondering if I should be afraid of him biting me? I don't think it'll hurt because it's little. Will you penetrate my skin? What would it feel like? And should I worry about any infections? Sorry, I'm just new to this snake environment.

Thank you!

I would leave your new friend in his habitat for atleast a week before you try and feed him. in this time it allows you to ensure that his enviroment is correct for him and if not make it that way. It also allows the snake to become comfortable with his new home. he was probably just being nippy because he was overwhelmed by all the new smells,faces,noises,car ride, new setup, just like humans after a house move. give him time and he will come aroud :) As for bites, with a snake that young he probably would not get through the skin, I have only been bit twice and it was because my wife had been holding her nephews gerbil before she came home and it sent my snake into a frenzy, but i hardly felt it at all. as long as you properly clean like any other wound you will be fine. i really would worry about biting when he settles in. have fun with your new frind!

Getting bit by a baby corn snake is like being attacked by angry velcro. It doesn't hurt at all, and it's more startling to realise how quickly they can move than anything else. Just wash your hands.

Getting bit by a baby corn snake is like being attacked by angry velcro. It doesn't hurt at all, and it's more startling to realise how quickly they can move than anything else. Just wash your hands.

soooooo true. its humorous how tough they think they are at times. dont fret though.

Back