CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

'What I Did On My Summer Vacation'

Old 08-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #11
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickens View Post
Karl: I never did see any of the Iguanas swim ... I never really thought about it but I guess they had to get to those rocks somehow. They sure like sunbathing though!
Thanks, Joba!
Hey there kdickens! How ya been?

Your pix actually made me realize how much I MISS taking Caribbean vacations! (When I finally croak, if I woke up to white sand and palm trees w/the ocean as a backdrop then I'll know I made it to Heaven!!).

Having been down there twice a year from '96 to 2012, I would say that the MOST green iguanas I've ever seen congregating in one place was in Aruba, though Mexico was a close second. I guess it depends upon if you get outta the resort areas when you're in those countries without taking your life in tour hands. The sights and sounds of nature in those places can go from enchanting & mesmerizing to downright terrifying!! (Once, back in 2001, when we visited Punta Cana in DR, which I believe has the most beautiful beaches of any place I ever visited except for Capri in Italy, I was bold (or stupid!) enough to take a run into town where the employees of the resorts all live & shop and I ran down a side street JUST when a cow was being slaughtered! I'll tell ya, the sounds of Heavy Metal in my ears from my iPod and the sights my eyes were seeing is something that remains framed & hanging on a wall in one of the darkest rooms in the House of Horrors that inhabits one of my most horrifying nightmares!! Can't EVER listen to Drowning Pool or Coal Chamber (my musical choices for that day) without thinking of that experience. It's a miracle I didn't become a vegetarian!!).

In any event, thanx for sharing and for allowing me the chance to take a stroll down Memory Lane!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google