CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Snakey's mansion build.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #21
Asbit
@ Marica I am loving it, those three are the only ones staying in vivs the rest are going to a rack system, now that I have 17 and am reading to breed.

@ rexracer thank you for the tip, I will certainly keep and eye on the screws because I am pretty sure they are in 1/2 or 3/4 ply.

@ darth the only credit I can take on my unit is knowing what I wanted in it, my son did all of the rest. He designed it, right down to the swoops on the pull out shelves (which double as simple design for aesthetics as I did not want straight lines and also as drawer pulls). I loved that he kept it right through to the drawer, I have a thing for symmetry. The fact that he was able to decypher my attempts at drawing speaks a lot as I am very bad at drawing and conveying an idea through a picture (or so I have been told).

I am hoping to convince him to build me my racks and stain them to match.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #22
rexracer
Update. I sanded the doors and (pre) hung them. The cabinet is now waiting for "my guy" to spray it. Hopefully it will get sprayed tomorrow, and I can hang the doors and attach the top. Then I have to silicone in the vent panels and glass bottom, and (I hope) bring it home Thursday night. I have a bunch of goodies for the new viv, including flexwatt, a heat panel, LED lighting and a new thermostat. I also have a new water dish, some foliage, and am still looking for a good climbing branch. I may have to go find a birch tree.

Goodies in wait...

Old 12-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #23
Asbit
I think I am more excited than you to see it finished product...hurry up will you Christmas will be gone and I will not have seen "my' new present!!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #24
rexracer
It's not looking good for this week. We're swamped getting stuff ready for delivery this week, and spraying my cabinet is not high on the list. I'm hoping that it will get sprayed Thursday and I'll go in next week and get the rest done. I want the finish and the silicone to dry for a couple of days before I bring it home. Once home, I'll put in the heat and crank it up for a couple of weeks before Snakey goes in.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #25
rexracer
Update. My stuff got sprayed today, so I should be able to go in Monday and hang the doors, attach the top and silicone in the vents, plexi and glass floor...as long as my 8 yr old daughter will let me work. Maybe I can get her to help. If all goes well, I should bring it home Wed or Thu. Then I'll install lights and heat and let it cure for a couple of weeks before Snakey goes in.
I'll get some better pics when I hang the doors.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #26
Allalaskan
looking good Im looking to see how this one turns out.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #27
Asbit
Nice very nice

Old 12-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #28
knox
Love It! Looking forward to more progress...

Old 12-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #29
rexracer
Update. I finished everything I wanted to get done at work, and it's ready to come home. My daughter was not only tolerant, but helpful. When I get it home I still need to install some hardware, flexwatt and lights. After a couple of weeks to finish curing and get rid of any odor, I'll decorate and Snakey can go in. Here are some pics.

Here it is with the top open, allowing access for wiring, and maybe some storage. I left the plastic on the plexi 'till it gets home.

These show the access panel for the flexwatt. Since I'm putting in a glass floor I wanted a way to access the heat tape without pulling up the floor, which is siliconed in.

Here it is with the storage area opened.

And with the living area opened. You can see the flexwatt access on the left.

And finally, with the glass floor siliconed in. You can see the reflections off of it. The access panel is opened underneath the glass.

I'll post again after the lights and heat are in.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #30
Rdoyle
LOOKING GRREAT

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google