CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

I think I found a Homemade viv Design I like.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #81
Jdog3131
Yes I do believe you were too.

And it stands to point that--If it aint broke dont break it.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #82
Stormy
What did you use to attach the plexiglass to the wood frame for the doors? I have my plans all drawn out and this is the only spot im stuck on.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #83
Allalaskan
I predrilled holes through the plexi and then used small 5/8 inch finishing nails. make sure you drill slowly and not much pressure or else it will crack the plexy glass and then its game over for that piece of plexi.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #84
marc_sg
the only thing i will say regarding lighting, LEDS are the most efficient light form there is. any other light their efficiency are not as much a most people think. a normal light bulb gives off 70.03% of its energy in heat, 1% in sound and 28.97% in light, so just remember that nearly 3/4 of the energy is lost in heat. just like to say i no this due to 4 years becoming an electrician

Old 08-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #85
Allalaskan
Ya for now I haven't put any lights in. When I do it will most likely be LED or florescent. I know at walmart they have these nice little florescent lights that you can attach inline up to 5 for $10 each so I am thinking about getting 3 and putting them in there. One in each chamber and put them inline on a timer. I might do that next week actually.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google