CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Snake in lip of cage

Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Snake Bit
Snake in lip of cage

My new little Corn is finally getting used to her cage and is doing a rather strange thing. She is climbing up the temperature and thermostat wires getting under the lip of the cage and crawling circles around the top of the cage. I'm not worried about her getting out (top is very secure) but it seems like she will not be able to get down by herself. I am also worried that she may fall and hurt herself. I know I have read before that people have reported this behavior. But this is the third time shes got up there and i'm worried she may fall. (its a 10 gallon tank)

Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
dawn75801
She'll get down. She may fall, but she'll be ok. All of mine did it when they were little. I have one that still does, even though she's really getting too big to do it anymore

Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Nanci
They all do that, till they get too fat!! Just make sure she has a nice thick layer of aspen to land in when she falls.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
WingedSweetheart
It's normal and falling isn't going to hurt her. If it did I would think she would stop doing it. They like to climb and squeeze into tiny places and they will fall a lot. As long as it isn't a huge distance then she should be fine.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
Snake Bit
LMAO as I was typing this post I heard a little plop and I looked back into the tank and she was laying on the aspen watch me type. LOL

Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
rich333
Yep,
Mine did the same thing....Until..like nanci said...their butts get to big to bother with it anymore.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
Nanci
You could put some suction cup vines on the sides for her- she'd love that!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
Snake Bit
Yeah I think ill put something for her to climb on I think she'd enjoy it. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Backwoodsboy
I have an adult four and a half foot long amel that gets up on the lip of her 55 gallon tank and sooner or later will fall off of it normally to splash into her water dish. She does it so often that I removed all sharpish objects from her home to avoid injury. Hmm. Wonder if she wants to be a high diver?

Old 06-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
neiman07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoodsboy View Post
Wonder if she wants to be a high diver?

well if so we can put my big girl amel in the act to she does that all the time then plop.. into the dish she did it too when she was done mating hehe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google