• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show off your vivarium

Melek, did you treat the wood with any thing on that build? Im just curios. Im looking into getting a carpet or boa down the road and Need to build another cage when I do and Im thinking of rather then converting something I would just build my own.

Melek, did you treat the wood with any thing on that build? Im just curios.

Yes. I protected, 3 times Im painting acrylic, waterproof lacquer.

Im looking into getting a carpet or boa down the road and Need to build another cage when I do and Im thinking of rather then converting something I would just build my own.

Sorry, but it's too hard to understand... Could you clarify, please. :)

Sorry, but it's too hard to understand... Could you clarify, please. :)

O Im going to build another viv when I get a new snake instead of converting one. And since I plan on building it from scratch it wont be like the entertainment center I used and was already mostly sealed. Instead I will have to seal the wood and just wasnt sure what to use. So since I will be using raw wood I was wondering what you sealed yours with to protect the wood from moisture.

Lego cage!

I have several cages but this one is a simple fun one I put together when I had a tag along snake come with an order of another. "I had no normal extra stuff for hides other than toilet paper roles in a pinch like that." Now this tank holds my 2010 Hypo Moonstone Male. The water bowl is Sculpy II oven bake clay & has been around for about 2.5 years with no leaks & it keeps its color.

lego vivarium 001.jpg

lego vivarium 002.jpg

My Cages

These are my cages. Right now, my two corns are in the two left tubs on the top of the show case cages. The two little shoebox tubs have hatchlings in them, one being my friends (the runt I posted of before), and one that has not eaten yet. The pink tub has the two hatchlings that are eating.
OKAY, now, the top show case cage is my boa. He's only a year old right now and about 3 1/2 feet in length. Middle cage is my ball python, a two year old normal. The bottom cage is home to whatever needs it at the time, right now my boyfriend has his breeding pair of ball pythons in it. Eventually one of my corns will be taking that cage and I will be ordering another cage for the other one. The big cage is my frilled dragon's. It still needs some paint ;)

I think that eventually when I have my own place and the room to spoil my critters more. I will build my boa a custom cage (I like my snakes to have TONS of room) even though the boa never moves.... I might do a well decorated semi arboreal cage, that has the ability to have other cages stacked on top/below it so I can get more corns, a milk, and a hognose ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0462262.jpg
    IMG_0462262.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,334
So far it has been plenty big enough. If I was to get a BIG snake, I would want bigger for sure but for my corns and bps Im not worried.

OK Guys, I'm kind of new at decorating the vivarium. Do the corns actually climb on the branches?

My husband, Gary & I were working on our new Vivarium project until 10 last night. I bought a large top half of a china cabinet from our Frostproof Care Center. My favorite place to shop. Any how we spent 5.00 on the Cabinet & 60 on plexiglass. Some bargain huh. Any how were having fun. If I can figure out how to post pictures on this web site with dial up, I will send some when were done.

Thats a lot of really nice vivs... Great job everyone. I would post but ALL of mine are in rack systems.

This is my hatchling and subadult rack. There are a couple of adults in the 28 quart tubs. They are being upgraded later this week. I am working on another 40 quart tub rack...
_MG_4284.jpg

If you look to the left, in the above pic, you will see a bathroom door.

Then look in the bathroom for the 40 quart tub adult rack.
_MG_4290.jpg

Well, I finished the bottom chamber, here it is complete. Of course now I want to build one from scratch, of course for more snakes lol.

001-20.jpg

Wow!! I thought we were crazy. You should see our living room. Thanks for the pics. Gives me an idea for the hides. Right now we have them on newspaper. With rocks, then another sheet of paper for their hides. But were working on decorating their tanks.

Back