CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Odd Behavior

Old 06-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Aaron1994
Odd Behavior

Hi all, just a quick question. I am new to corn snakes just got one about a week ago, I love her so much already fed her a small fuzzy she is about a year old. I know that at night they get real active but as a new owner I feel a concern on how "active" she is, she goes in circles around her viv almost constantly through her tunnels she burrowed always exploring. Her temps are fine, she eats and everything just worried since I can't find valid advice any where else. Thanks!

Old 06-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Dee Dee
I'm newish myself but since I got my corn I have learned that corns love to burrow under their bedding & will do so even more if there are not many hides in the enclosure. My corn is very active in the evenings at times & will do laps of her enclosure, climb up the walls, stare out through the glass doors etc. I wouldn't worry too much that your corn is moving around a lot. If it's eating ok, pooping ok & your temps are ok I would prob say all is good

Old 06-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Aaron1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
I'm newish myself but since I got my corn I have learned that corns love to burrow under their bedding & will do so even more if there are not many hides in the enclosure. My corn is very active in the evenings at times & will do laps of her enclosure, climb up the walls, stare out through the glass doors etc. I wouldn't worry too much that your corn is moving around a lot. If it's eating ok, pooping ok & your temps are ok I would prob say all is good
Thanks! I was just concerned that maybe she would have been stressed by doing these viv laps. Now that I know its normal behavior I can finally relax thanks again

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Nanci
They spend a lot of time at first determining if the new accommodations are escape proof or not.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
visceralrepulsion
if i were you id take advantage of your snakes activity level. when your snake seems to be climbing the walls take it out and give it some exercise/attention. youll miss how active it is when it calms down!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google