CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Contextual links appearing in posts

Old 12-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #11
cornsnakeforsale_com
It could be a browser plugin that you authorized. You can try disabling plugins / add-ons. Or try another browser that might not have it installed. If it is actual malware you could also try spybot search and destroy.

What is the url that it wants to take you to? Or if you can't tell, what is the destination or path when you click?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #12
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddsnake View Post
Chip, I have the same thing going on. Some words will be underlined and are links to unrelated websites. The words "Google ads" on Nanci's post has one that says Savings Sidekick when I place my mouse on the word and if I click it it takes me to Sortfly. Let us know if the fix BloodyBaroness posted works for you.

Todd
On my Mac, the words Google Ads do nothing. I'll try to remember at work- if anything's infected, it'd be my work computer.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #13
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Are you also using Google Chrome?
OMG...Let's see- Google's (lame) browser, Google links. How can you even stand Chrome? I used it for like ten minutes.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #14
Nanci
Nope, I'm not getting anything on the work PC.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #15
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
OMG...Let's see- Google's (lame) browser, Google links. How can you even stand Chrome? I used it for like ten minutes.
Firefox was crashing like crazy a few months back and I tried it. Nothing about it really bothered me, and it syncs everything up nicely. I'm not married to it or anything, and would gladly go back to another browser. I hate how Google tracks you anyway.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #16
Nanci
What about Opera or Safari?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
Chip
I'll give 'em a whirl. At the moment, Chrome is being nice.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
Rich Z
I've tried alternate browsers a while back but there is one function in IE that I just cannot live without. That is the ability to save a URL to my desktop with just a right click. I use that CONSTANTLY when I am searching for things on the net.

Maybe other browsers have implemented that by now?

Old 12-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #19
Pugsley
I seem to remember reading that some ISPs are now injecting stuff like this into your web pages. Is it happening on other sites as well?

Old 12-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
bitsy
There's nothing like that happening on my PC - have tried both IE and Firefox.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google