CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

must spread around

Old 06-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #71
fyrefocks
Do what you gotta do. I already have heartburn from the spicy in my life.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #72
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
How long has it been since the rep power number has not been displayed? Has it slowed down anything since then?
I've been having to put ice on my feelings every day about it.
Sometimes I have episodes over it.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #73
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
I've been having to put ice on my feelings every day about it.
Sometimes I have episodes over it.

Take your meds!

Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #74
Nanci
And the need for negative rep has left the building...

Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #75
Justine66
I just want to say that I read this post up until page 7 and I agree, the Rep system is a little odd, but be whatever way it gets set up, I will still love the this forum!

good luck rich, Im on board with not minding it going back 0 aswell.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #76
Kokopelli
The reputation system being reinstated is wonderful news.
I do think however that there should be some criteria...

Unlike what was suggested by Nanci( no offense meant ), I don't think that a person should be rated only because the rating user liked a post... the "like" concept going so strongly in Facebook is hardly a parameter for how seriously should said post taken seriously.

I think that it should serve as an indicator for keepers as to how experienced and professional the person who gives the answer really is- so, ratings in any form should be given for herp-related answers- not politics, not just posting pictures and so forth... but displaying knowledge.

As for negative feedback... is there a way to have it regulated by the admins? It should be rare enough to not cause a huge overload I think... if not, than I suspect that sooner or later, it will be used as means to anger and bash one another. I saw it happening on other forums.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #77
Nanci
Oren, how are you going to tell people what criteria they _must_ use? You can't. You can only suggest.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #78
Kokopelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Oren, how are you going to tell people what criteria they _must_ use? You can't. You can only suggest.
No idea, but you can try and assist by creating guide-lines, or perhaps have the person input the reason for giving credit... I really don't know how customizable this system is.

On a different forum I frequent, you can "like" a post, that is not the same as adding reputation- "liking" is accessible and easy, giving reputation requires an explanation.

Something along this line, I think, will do the trick.

I might be wrong though.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #79
Shady
I dont even know how to view a persons rep. and I'm no noobie to forums and reps. But this systems is very odd. I see the squares but I dont understand them.
I know how to add to someones rep but how I do I see what others have also repped them with?

Couldnt they just be displayed as a number?

I know there are vbullitin plugins that allow you to "like" a persons post. You can then view from a persons profile which posts they have "liked" and which posts of theirs others have "liked"

They is also an indication in the user info (stuff underneath your avatar) for how likes they have and I think how many they have given.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #80
Nanci
We used to be able to see the rep number display, but that is turned off. We have discussed the "like" feature in the past and it was decided not to do that.

Personally, I really dislike the ____________ people thank you for this post feature.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google