CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Another neat western hog hatched.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
Chip
Another neat western hog hatched.

You might have seen that I had a very strange western hog hatch earlier this year: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131446 Well, this girl isn't quite as dramatic, but stood out from her clutch mates. The one on top is what 99% of the western hogs I hatch look like, give or take.

As seems to be the case from this amel male, all the bellies are just ink black:

What a strange little gal. I have three with this "look." There is almost a clear line going down the spine. She is the most dramatic.

This one is less dramatic, but it made for a cute picture:

Old 08-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
Nanci
You mean there's a line of no spots down the middle, right? They look like mini-dot anacondas.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
BloodyBaroness
It's like a mini-conda pattern. Very cute!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Nanci
Mini-Conda, I like it!!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
They are really cute!

Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
mikem
Wow, she's gorgeous!

Old 09-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
Chip
I don't know if you could call this a "progression" pic, as much as it looks like she's going to retain her unusual color. She almost looks more like a Southern.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
ratsncorns
Ohhh I like her! Are they all supposed to be normal hogs?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
Chip
Yeah, they are normals, and for all I know it could be just pattern variation, but I'm trying to see if it's reproducible. More banded ones seem to have more banded babies, so maybe the dusky ones will make dusky babies. None of my adults look like her.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #10
Chip
Since I can't sleep and have the camera out, here's another update:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google