CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Sonoran Gophers

Old 06-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #11
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFrog View Post
Lol, they sound like fun! They tame down pretty well as adults though!
Yeah, they are fun !!
Yes, with daily handling, they are tamed down before they hit the adult stage..........mine did anyway.

They still "fuss" every now and again, but not as much as they did as young ones, but they have never biten.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 06-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #12
LittleFrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post
Yeah, they are fun !!
Yes, with daily handling, they are tamed down before they hit the adult stage..........mine did anyway.

They still "fuss" every now and again, but not as much as they did as young ones, but they have never biten.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!
Awesome! They're definitely going on the list then! That dangled list grows longer every day, lol. Gonna need to find a bigger apartment soon, LOL

Old 06-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #13
HerpsOfNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeW View Post
I love that axanthic. I've been seeing lots of pituophis lately and its making me want to get a few of my own.. If only I had the space for a few 4x2 cages. What do the adults eat, medium rats?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
My best friend and I field herped a pair back in 1999. He'd feed the female every 2 weeks a medium to almost large rat; the snake was a beast. Her eggs were a bit larger than jumbo chicken eggs. If I remember right, she laid 8 eggs with 1 egg popping out twins. The part that blew me away were the twins were the same size as their non-twin siblings.

I have a desert kingsnake that he'd caught in 1995, that feeds on jumbo mice or small rats. My WC okeetee corn also takes down similarly sized food. at full weight (pre-breeding weight) I could probably get her to safely take a medium rat.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #14
kc261
Beautiful group of animals you have there Walter.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #15
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
Beautiful group of animals you have there Walter.
Thanks !!

I can't wait for the eggs to hatch. I'll be sure to post pics. once they are all out.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 06-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #16
Chromatic Corns
These are so cool looking

Old 06-26-2014, 07:14 PM   #17
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwallaby View Post
These are so cool looking
Thanks !!
I'm waitng to see a nose any minute. The eggs are at 63 days !!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 06-27-2014, 07:00 AM   #18
Walter Smith
Day 64..............FIRST (Axanthic.....possibly Ghost) NOSE !!
If you look close enough, you can see the egg tooth.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 06-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #19
kc261
Purty baby. I guess with all those phets you are expecting to get quite a rainbow of babies, as long as a decent number of the phets prove out! Should be fun!

Old 07-02-2014, 12:31 AM   #20
kc261
You must have taken more pics of these babies by now!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google