CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

2nd 2014 O. p. coxi clutch update thread.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #11
hypnoctopus
I'm glad to hear the tiny twins are growing nicely!

Old 10-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
TyeW
Is it true that these guys maintain their "fight or flight" even as adults? I am thinking of bringing in a pair from the states but am not interested in something that does not calm down with time

Old 10-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #13
Tavia
Some of them can calm down, my adult male is pretty calm, not quite as calm as most corns but he can be handled. River, my other adult female can be calm or a complete psycho, depending on her mood. Serenity, ha! The Dam to these babies is almost always in psycho mode and I don't handle her above the minimum needed, because neither of us enjoy it.
Both of my laticincta, cousins to the coxi, are very calm too.
This particular batch of babies is on the calmer side from the last clutch but also aren't as good of feeders.
Anyway, I wouldn't suggest getting a coxi if you are looking for a snake you can handle a lot and aren't prepared to just appreciate their looks from a bit of distance. You might get one that can be handled but very well might not either. I find them worth it, because their feistyness is more challenging than a corns and their personalities are interesting to me. Plus they are small enough that their more feisty personalities aren't difficult to manage and bites from them don't hurt much.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:22 AM   #14
TyeW
I don't mind getting the odd nip. I have corn snakes for when I want to have a hands-on pet. Do you prefer the laticinctus to the coxi? Are there many noticeable differences in temperament and care?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
Tavia
They have the same care. I only have 2 laticincta, so bit hard to say with a sample size that small but on the whole, the latis are calmer than the coxi. So in that way they are a bit nicer and they are beautiful too but the coxi are more visually appealing to me, so I like the coxi a hair more than the laticincta.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #16
Tavia
Some new freshly shed pictures of #5, male.

And #4, female.

And then T2, the tiny male twin, who isn't so tiny anymore!

Old 11-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #17
Tavia
AxS9914-6. Female, the one that didn't want to eat but has now had three meals and seems to be getting an appetite now.

AxS9814-T1, the slightly bigger female twin.

Continued ...

Old 11-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #18
Tavia

AxS9814-T2, the little male twin. He's hard to get good pictures of!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google