CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

DIY Front Opening Aquariums

Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #61
Carinata
This weekend I am making one out of a 100gallon tank for the king ratsnake.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #62
toad772
Quote:
Originally Posted by girthta View Post
I will skewer myself every time I walk past. I'm a klutz.
Put them somewhere that won't happen?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #63
toad772
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
I gotta say, go with Brad's design, these are really nice setups. I had to get myself some.
Whats with the weird one.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #64
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad772 View Post
Whats with the weird one.
The Hognose in the tank requested a room with a different view.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #65
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
This weekend I am making one out of a 100gallon tank for the king ratsnake.
David, it might be cheaper in the long run to use the 100 gal tank as a fish tank or a turtle tank. Heck, use that for your Stinkpot. Give that guy plenty of swimming room.

For larger I recommend buying an AP cage. Those are just down right great cages for a good price. Not just that, it helps our hobby's small businesses. And the way things are going, they can use all the help they can get.

I am not trying to talk you out of this, if your heart is set on doing this, go ahead. I just have a hard time doing this to Large Aquariums.
Why do this to a great tank that could be used as a Reef tank down the line? That is unless it has a crack in it, then go for it.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #66
Carinata
Quote:
David, it might be cheaper in the long run to use the 100 gal tank as a fish tank or a turtle tank. Heck, use that for your Stinkpot. Give that guy plenty of swimming room.

For larger I recommend buying an AP cage. Those are just down right great cages for a good price. Not just that, it helps our hobby's small businesses. And the way things are going, they can use all the help they can get.

I am not trying to talk you out of this, if your heart is set on doing this, go ahead. I just have a hard time doing this to Large Aquariums.
Why do this to a great tank that could be used as a Reef tank down the line? That is unless it has a crack in it, then go for it.
Jim, whats the difficult part about it. I have old 20 talls, 10's. 55s, and then the one I guess 100 gallon. It is about 4x2x2? I would buy AP but I am saving 1000 for some nice Melemine racks, flexx watt and helix in August.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #67
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
Jim, whats the difficult part about it. I have old 20 talls, 10's. 55s, and then the one I guess 100 gallon. It is about 4x2x2? I would buy AP but I am saving 1000 for some nice Melemine racks, flexx watt and helix in August.
I was huge into Reef tanks before going into Snakes full time. lol Its hard for me to see this done to a tank like that. Heck, i am looking into getting rid of my aquatic turtles now. Since having a life change here, I am finding it really hard to keep this tank running the way it should. Turtles are a pain in the tookus in upkeep. To many rescues, you ask me.
But I am hoping to venture back into Reef tanks or maybe a 75 Amazon tank, still not sure.

But the dimensions you are giving is for a 75 gallon. Like I said, if you can not use it for that, heck sell it locally. Do you know how people will go crazy for a tank like that. Seriously, you can sell it for a good price.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #68
Carinata
How much could I sell it for?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #69
toad772
Quote:
I was huge into Reef tanks before going into Snakes full time. lol Its hard for me to see this done to a tank like that. Heck, i am looking into getting rid of my aquatic turtles now. Since having a life change here, I am finding it really hard to keep this tank running the way it should. Turtles are a pain in the tookus in upkeep. To many rescues, you ask me.
But I am hoping to venture back into Reef tanks or maybe a 75 Amazon tank, still not sure.

But the dimensions you are giving is for a 75 gallon. Like I said, if you can not use it for that, heck sell it locally. Do you know how people will go crazy for a tank like that. Seriously, you can sell it for a good price.
making it front opening would not ruin the tank if he ever wanted to switch back he could drill out the rivets

Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #70
The Snake Guru
LOL...looks like you are putting them to good use there Jim!

~B~

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google