CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rep Points

Old 04-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #41
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohrSnakes View Post
Rep Points Shmep points.

High post counts....I don't friggin care.

True knowledge/opinion written in a well thought out manner....priceless.
Amen, Jeff! I respect this much more than a "whambulance" post about a stupid rep point system on an interwebz forum. *high five!*

I'd rep you, but sadly...well...you know.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #42
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I realize that Wade's thread (let's not evade the actual thread in question) was meant to be fun, but I don't think it was appropriate in the general forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
There must be some aspect of this site that you enjoy. Go there, read what is said and be happy. Don’t go to the threads that upset you.
That's the only beef I personally had with your fun last night wade. You couldn't go to a different thread that interested you without running into your fun. You did spam numerous other threads completely removed from your fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I think it is entirely inappropriate for an open forum of this nature for you to call a spade a spade.
Is it safe to call a spork a spork, or is that wrong too?!

D80

Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #43
ghosthousecorns
Wade, I didn't feel it was serious- actually it made no sense at all to me at the time... I saw several replies of yours with RWN in big red letters and was like, huh?. Didn't really figure out until today what was going on! I hope your hangover is not too serious.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #44
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
That's the only beef I personally had with your fun last night wade. You couldn't go to a different thread that interested you without running into your fun. You did spam numerous other threads completely removed from your fun.

Is it safe to call a spork a spork, or is that wrong too?!

D80

The only threads he really spammed (at least the one's with the giant red "RWN") were ones that I had posted in previously. Maybe he just wanted to get my attention? Try and get me out of the DYK every once and a while? But I will say that people handled those posts rather gracefully. They ignored them. Kudos to them!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #45
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
You know what, I just noticed Dean has 3 points to go to get to 10K and I believe he deserves to be over that number more than anyone else who is, if for nothing more than just for putting up with us. I am gonna rep him now if the system lets me.
Awww, that's sweet, Jen. But, to be honest, the Admin/Mod team includes the big "Z" and Susan. Not only do THEY put up with "stuff" here, but they're genuine experts whose expertise far exceeds mine. There are at least a hundred other regularly participating members who deserve better "reputations" as well-- at least in terms of snake knowledge and willingness to dispense expert advice...

Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #46
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
The only threads he really spammed (at least the one's with the giant red "RWN") were ones that I had posted in previously. Maybe he just wanted to get my attention? Try and get me out of the DYK every once and a while? But I will say that people handled those posts rather gracefully. They ignored them. Kudos to them!
Wade's a good guy, regardless of these recent potential lapses of judgement. HOWEVER, would certain 15-year olds posting in a similar manner have been responded to as gracefully?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #47
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Wade's a good guy, regardless of these recent potential lapses of judgement. HOWEVER, would certain 15-year olds posting in a similar manner have been responded to as gracefully?
If it were nonsense like those "RWN" posts, I'd like to think so. But I know I'd have probably ripped into him for it before too long. No point in denying the truth!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #48
Old_School
Geez, although I have lurked a long while, and recently started posting, I also was in on the "fun" in that thread. I personally would never base any info recieved from someone here as gospel, just because of their rep points. What I am a believer in is word of mouth reputation. Anything on a site as this can be a fraud, how do we know if someone here is a male or female? 40 or 13years old? posts true pictures of ones collection or are they pics from anothers collection? Is that person really the "breeder" with the "projects'' they claim?
We Don't know, face it. What we do get here is a place to come and meet as friends, to exchange ideas, and trouble shoot each others problems. When a post is made looking for help, lots of info is given some better than others, but everyone is trying to help one another, it is up to the individual to pull the good info out. Rep points is just another system that can be manipulated, those here on the site that know their stuff, are reconized by the content of their posts, not the rep points under their name.
I myself am no expert, never claimed to be, I am however capable of being a good friend, or even a stranger willing to help. I need no points awarded to me for doing that.
Feel free to take me to Zero. I know who I am.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #49
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
The only threads he really spammed (at least the one's with the giant red "RWN") were ones that I had posted in previously.
That would be inaccurate. You can wade (ha!) through these if you want, but you're off-base just a tad.

S'okay, whatever, I'm just sayin' he spammed quite a number of threads and his fun and frivolity couldn't be sidestepped as he suggested. I think Dean hit the nail on the head. If anyone not "long standing" had done the same . . .

But eh, party poopers is party poopers I guess.
D80

Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #50
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
That would be inaccurate.

S'okay, whatever, I'm just sayin' he spammed quite a number of threads and his fun and frivolity couldn't be sidestepped as he suggested. I think Dean hit the nail on the head. If anyone not "long standing" had done the same . . .

But eh, party poopers is party poopers I guess.
D80
Ah. Well then my bad.
But it's like I said earlier. I think everyone handled the spamming very gracefully. I especially liked Lori's "Report Wade Now" smiley.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google