• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean only leaves when I irritate him. I'm trying to be better behaved. It ain't easy!! :p

Nanci, I have your phone number and I'm not afraid to use it. :laugh:
Reconsider...please?

Rich, if you need help, i can mod here as well. I have modded on a Fish Forum and still do on Lori's site as well. I only have one section. lol.

Personally, being a mod on a site shouldn't be a popularity contest. I ran the campaign for Jeff but he knew It was a joke and you liked the idea. I think we should just toss in ideas and then you run with them.

But another person to toss in the list might be lori. She is pretty fair and even handed on Petfish.

I was just directed to this thread...

didn't even realize that you were doing another mod position.

Thanks for the nomination - I am honored! I do enjoy, and spend a fair amount of time on this site, and do consider myself fair and level headed. BUT - I am by nature a very non-confrontational person. I really enjoy dispensing advice - which people can take or leave as they wish. I would find it very stressful to be in "law enforcement", lol! Even in my own tree boa forum partnership, most of that sort of thing falls to Mike. It is just not my cup of tea.

But I have to say that some great names have been tossed into the ring, and I think I would be happy with any of them so far. I will definitely think long and hard when it comes time to vote.

Thanks for your consideration, though!

Nanci...please rethink your position on this....
you have already "moderated"...didn't you know???

Without your intervention a few months back I probably would have torn off David's face and fed it to Magtag......

:)

Well what cab I do other than express my full confidence in every single person who cast his/her name in?

Eric- I feel you do yourself an injustice. At least from what I saw, a moderator should have good people skills and a developed sense of fairness/objectivity. I believe you excel in those departments... there is more than enough "herp" knowledge among the collective of the users, mods or not.- this is not a role to be taken against one's will though.

Best of luck to everyone, I really do feel they will all do an excellent job.

But another person to toss in the list might be lori. She is pretty fair and even handed on Petfish.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jimmy, but the last thing this place needs is the grouchy mod's grouchy girlfriend as his sidekick! :laugh:

(and apparently you weren't paying attention. All my mods are now globals, so wander out of your snake section and bless the rest of the place with your super powers!!) ;)

Nanci...please rethink your position on this....
you have already "moderated"...didn't you know???

Without your intervention a few months back I probably would have torn off David's face and fed it to Magtag......

:)

Do what!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been to this thread in a while. Mainly because I am very content with the names put forward.
But,...other names have crossed my mind...and if we will get to vote for several, I feel guilty remaining silent when there are other excellent candidates that have not officially been (as far as I know) mentioned yet.

Kyle, Brent, KJ, and Mike all come to mind.

"DYK" seems very well represented...but balance is only fair. These guys know a lot about snakes, post a lot about snakes,...and I have observed are very excellent debaters on hot button topics.
Perhaps, as I am often wont to be, I was too subtle. The above was a nomination(s).
I preemptively PM'd each individual mentioned above...before I posted their individual name.
So now I will be frank (a dangerous operation for me,...or others,...depending on how you look at it), I officially hereby nominate Brent, Drizzt80.
Maybe this is the time to install two mods, the work load would be lightened for Susan, Deano and An. Other, a bit.:rolleyes:
Excellent and wise point Mike. You must be (have been) reading my mind. It would be quite a pity to see this selection, so important to us all, deteriorate into something as repugnant as a popularity contest.
That is exactly why I return to clarify the seriousness and non-frivolousness of my original post above.

And FWIW, as Lori said more eloquently and tenderly than I,...for everyone mentioned I have great admiration, respect, and friendship.
And I, for one, more than understand and embrace all of the declensions and abstentions, and all the ingredients and thought that went into them, so far posted in this thread.

NOTE : And for the sake of clarity, Wayne (medusacoils) was also nominated by me. And has not yet absolutely, positively declined.
The similar goes for Janine (diamondlil), although I love her too much to personally take responsibility for inflicting such a fate on her. :D ;)
Oops, forgot one last person. Jim (tricksterpup) I second the motion of you, yourself, being an excellent candidate.

Last edited:
I'm really hopng Nanci will withdraw her objections and go for the post. I can't think of anyone who's election would be so universally acclaimed!

NOTE : And for the sake of clarity, Wayne (medusacoils) was also nominated by me. And has not yet absolutely, positively declined.

OK Eric, I will bite! I don't know if I can come up to the level of some of the other names that have been nominated, but I am up for the challenge. I will accept!

Thank you and I sincerely hope you will reconsider, as well. I'm officially re-nominating you! ;)

I'm also going to second the nomination for Brent (Drizzt80). He has done and been doing a lot for this site. Things like the WIR and CS.com Breeder list. He is another person who should definitely be considered!

Wayne

I'm really hopng Nanci will withdraw her objections and go for the post. I can't think of anyone who's election would be so universally acclaimed!

Don't count yourself out either... ;) I honest don't know who I'd vote for yet, but I do think Nanci should at least be running!

There's a person who has been missing from this list who deserves our consideration....Katie, aka ArpeggioAngel.

Her dedication to this site and to this hobby is on par with anyone else mentioned here, and she's been very even-handed with her dealings with everyone here. She has met many of us IRL.

She busted her butt as the unofficial Daytona travel agent, booker of rooms, and banquet organizer.

And the best compliment that *I* could give her, given *my* reputation... is that I don't know, nor have I witnessed, her political and worldview stances. She's practically the Switzerland of cs.com. :D

I'd like to throw her name into the ring, if she doesn't mind.

Dale

Hey Nanci:

If you think you have the TIME and the INCLINATION to do it, sounds like you might have won before the election was even held. ;)

KJ

There's a person who has been missing from this list who deserves our consideration....Katie, aka ArpeggioAngel.

Her dedication to this site and to this hobby is on par with anyone else mentioned here, and she's been very even-handed with her dealings with everyone here. She has met many of us IRL.

She busted her butt as the unofficial Daytona travel agent, booker of rooms, and banquet organizer.

And the best compliment that *I* could give her, given *my* reputation... is that I don't know, nor have I witnessed, her political and worldview stances. She's practically the Switzerland of cs.com. :D

I'd like to throw her name into the ring, if she doesn't mind.

Dale

Thank you Dale for your kind words. I do love this site and most of the people on it. I do appreciate the nomination, but I am afraid I must decline. I do spend a fair amount of time on here (even whilst at work), but with a bunch of personal stuff coming up, I just do not believe I will readily have the time available to do this position justice.

I will however be working on the Daytona GTG again next year.

Hey Dale.....what about you? Would you take the post? I'd like to nominate you too.

Thanks, Janine - but just as I alluded to in the original runoff for mods, I'd be the first to ban myself. ;)

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." -- Groucho Marx

Seriously, I appreciate the consideration. :cheers:

Dale

Dale and Katie would be great.

I am so torn, though, about inflicting this...awesome/awesomely troublesome task on my real friends. :laugh:

But seriously, I see the virtue in Rich Z's implied intention with the OP :
"People who want the job apply within" (paraphrased).

I haven't been to this thread in a while. Mainly because I am very content with the names put forward.
But,...other names have crossed my mind...and if we will get to vote for several, I feel guilty remaining silent when there are other excellent candidates that have not officially been (as far as I know) mentioned yet.

Kyle, Brent, KJ, and Mike all come to mind.

"DYK" seems very well represented...but balance is only fair. These guys know a lot about snakes, post a lot about snakes,...and I have observed are very excellent debaters on hot button topics.

Eric, I will accept. I know that I am no Nanci, but I will give everyone ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back