CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake active but not eating...

Old 01-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
Jay633
No problem. I would place the container in a warm area so the smel of prey is stronger and stays warm for a bit longer , remember place two pinks inside it's like they choose which one to eat

Old 04-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #12
juliekyle
How best to weigh a corn snake? The vet said not to worry if she was not eating as long as my snake was not losing weight.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
sonofbry13
Get a container that your snake will fit into. Weigh the container, then put your snake in and weigh it again. The difference between the two is the weight of your snake. Do not put your snake on the scale. They are crafty buggers and if it is small enough to slither in, it just might.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
sonofbry13
By the way have you tried live? Mine still wont touch a fronze or even pre killed mouse. If she can't play with it there is no interest. I got a mouse from the pet store that ended up being rather lethargic and she wouldn't eat it. Alive and kicking is the only way she eats. Sometimes you get a picky cornsnake.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
yoko3421
My baby(yes that is her name) hasn't ate or drank anything in two days. she is a 8 month old ball python and my first snake. Should I be worried

Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #16
Nanci
PLEASE if you have a question, start a new thread of your own; don't piggyback on to someone's old thread! THANK YOU!!

Old 03-11-2015, 01:25 AM   #17
areostar5
I have a adult corn snake who is very active but wont eat, it has been over a month now and all it does is pick up the head of the mouse and then just drop it!! Is it typical for this to happen?

Old 03-11-2015, 01:35 AM   #18
areostar5
I heat up the mouse in a bowl of hot water and when the mouse gets nice and warm I give it to my snake, and have fed it that way since I bought it as a baby. I am just worried because it wont eat

Old 03-11-2015, 04:04 AM   #19
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by areostar5 View Post
I have a adult corn snake who is very active but wont eat, it has been over a month now and all it does is pick up the head of the mouse and then just drop it!! Is it typical for this to happen?
My male Corn snake does the same thing every year at this time ... It's the breeding season ... I haven't even got a female Corn snake in the house !

Old 03-11-2015, 04:05 AM   #20
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindeeley12 View Post
Ok, it's been a while since I last logged onto this forum and I have tried searching a bit to find an answer but none really correlate exactly to what I am asking.

My snake is about 4 years old, full grown and active. But for the last 2-3 weeks he has not been pooping or eating. IT is the winter season and I have never had him in this season so I am thinking he could be hibernating in a sense.

What do you guys think?
Breeding season -- that's what I've been told ...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google