CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake active but not eating...

Old 03-11-2015, 04:48 AM   #21
areostar5
Thanks!
I've been really worried about my snake how long does the breeding season last? would it eat a pinky or a fuzzy? during this period.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:26 AM   #22
Zincubus
Hi . Sadly it's not an exact science .. .... He's done this for a few years now ... Sometimes he will go 7 weeks without eating and other years he will randomly take one after missing a few and then not eat for another few weeks ... I have 16 snakes so I just try him each week and if he refuses just give it to another snake

Old 11-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #23
izzyrathbone
My female corn snake is a little over a year. i've been feeding her fuzzies in a shoe box since she was only a few months old, the last time she ate however i only had a larger fuzzy which she still ate, although it was a little big for her. that was in september, she has not eaten since. i've tried every week to feed her, minimized handling, have the tank at a constant temperature. she is acting normal, but i have not seen her drink water, or defecate. i just don't know what to do. please help

Old 11-26-2019, 04:24 PM   #24
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyrathbone View Post
My female corn snake is a little over a year. i've been feeding her fuzzies in a shoe box since she was only a few months old, the last time she ate however i only had a larger fuzzy which she still ate, although it was a little big for her. that was in september, she has not eaten since. i've tried every week to feed her, minimized handling, have the tank at a constant temperature. she is acting normal, but i have not seen her drink water, or defecate. i just don't know what to do. please help

I’d start feeding in the viv .. over a piece of card or even a dish to minimise the risk of substrate ingestion ..

Some Corn snakes do occasionally go off their food for a few weeks / months .. my two adults certainly do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 11-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #25
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
I’d start feeding in the viv .. over a piece of card or even a dish to minimise the risk of substrate ingestion ..

Some Corn snakes do occasionally go off their food for a few weeks / months .. my two adults certainly do

Oh and you rarely see snakes drinking to be honest !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google