CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Blue cornsnakes??

Old 10-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
b23ball23
Blue cornsnakes??

I'm going to start breeding corns in a couple years. One breeder says he has blue ghost corns. He says the parents were blue too. Does this mean the blue is a trait that will be passed down to their offspring????

I can wait to start my collection of corns

BEN

Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
Billybobob
I think that the blue ghost you are talking about are a selectively bred morph so you would have to get a pair if you want to have babies with the same colour. Also i don't know if you have seen them but they are not that blue, but they have a blue tint to the normal ghost colour.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
b23ball23
yeah, i havent seen a pic yet

anyone reccomend some good morphs to breed that dont cost to much, but produce interesting colors/ patterns?? (under 100$ for a pair)

I'm not in it for the money, i just want to raise some babies to adults, then get more babies from the ones I raised

hmmmm, really dont know maybe bloodreds???

i'm color blind so slight tints will be hard to see

BEN

GOD BLESS

Old 10-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
Billybobob
When it come down to what morph you should get you should just get what ever you like visually.

To get some ideas go to www.serpentco.com. Rich has just about every morph and great pics of them all.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:05 PM   #5
Billybobob
sorry here is the link

http://www.serpenco.com/shop/customer/

Old 10-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #6
JenC
Billybobob...wtf is up with ur signature? Is it a joke? Or is it sposed to be funny?

Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #7
Billybobob
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26219

i already explaind it in this thread check it out.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:14 PM   #8
b23ball23
i really like lavender corns, but i'll see what the blue ghost look like. Bloodreds are some of favorites.

If I get 2 normals that are het for blood red, what babies should I expect?????

I really dont know what the het/ double het/ homozygous is exactly, but i have an idea any links that explain this???

BEN

GOD BLESS

Old 10-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #10
TripleMoonsExotic
"Blue Ghost Corn"

I personally am not too impressed with the "Blue" Ghost corns...

Your het Bloodreds will produce Normals and Bloodreds...

If you want a fun project that will produce a variety of surprises for you at hatching time, purchase a pair of multi het snakes...

EXAMPLE:

Male: Amel het Anery Caramel X Female: Snow het Caramel
= Amel, Anery, Butter, Caramel and Snow offspring

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google