CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Server move happening SOON!

Old 10-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
Nanci
It will all be worth it when it's over!

There are three people who need to outlive me: my boyfriend, my daughter, and Rich Z!

Old 10-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
Rich Z
Just got an email that the move is going to begin "shortly". So the site will be shut down prior to him beginning to move the files over to the new server. I probably will not be able to give any more warning than this one.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
Alicia P
Here's to the move going smoothly

Old 10-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
Rich Z
Well apparently the security guy doing my site migration got word of a serious exploit and had to patch all his other clients, so I guess he is still doing that. So "shortly" isn't going to be as short as I had hoped.

Oddly enough I haven't felt like I needed an Excedrin at all today. Maybe I'm finally building up an immunity to stress.

Too bad I'm not getting redirects that show boobies to take my mind off of this server stuff.... Maybe I'll crank up that Borderlands 2 game and shoot things for a while. That should help.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #25
Nanci
Haven't you ever gotten them? When I tried to view a PM here yesterday I got a message on my PHONE at work that said:

The hyperlink that you clicked is unauthorized and is in violation of advertising terms and conditions.

If you received an unsolicited e-mail with a hyperlink that terminated to this page, then the e-mail was not authorized by or sent by the web site administrators and may originate with a third party advertiser. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you Spamming and other fraudulent activity is anti-social behavior on the Internet. We do not tolerate such activity, including but not limited to fraud, spamming to E-mail, Instant Messages, Chatrooms, Newsgroups, ICQ and IRC.

While we are not responsible for the unauthorized actions of others, we have taken steps to stop this activity from recurring. This link has been permanently deactivated and any advertiser associated with this traffic has been banned from our advertising programs.

We thank you for cooperation in helping us fight unauthorized activity.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #26
Nanci
Nice. So I click Post Quick Reply and am treated to many boobies, a hiney including the girlie bits, two pics of two girls cuddling, wait, make that two hineys, advertising City Sex- meet singles looking for sex in High Springs Florida!!

I'm sorry- that's just not my thing, not that they aren't attractive ladies, except for the one sticking her tongue out whorishly...

Had to close the page entirely- once you go there, you can't get away.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
Rich Z
I've gotten redirects exactly four times since this has all been happening. Twice from FaunaClassifieds and twice from my CorvetteFlorida site. Come to find out that even though CorvetteFlorida is on a different server, the redirects were tunneling through the java script code for the banner ad display somehow to show up on that site.

Otherwise I'm not having nearly the problems that others are with this. But I'm using a non-standard browser and perhaps my virus blocker is just really good at doing it's job. Honestly, if you all hadn't reported this problem, I never would have thought that it was a problem with my server at all. I would have presumed that it was being caused by a random Google ad that was showing up bringing the tag-a-long redirect code with it. Obviously if malicious code and tunnel through my own FaunaAds links on my own sites, then certainly the same can happen through Google ads as well.

Speaking of which, it would be a real good idea for everyone to make sure that their javascript engine on their own PC is up to date. How you do this on a mobile device is beyond me because I just don't use the things for my internet access.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #28
Rich Z
Should be closing down the site REAL SOON. See you on the other side....

Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #29
Nanci
Buh bye!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google