CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

NOOB Signature Question

Old 11-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #11
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
You're not in trouble. It's been a long time coming. I hope people read it. Do they ever read the stickies???
Apparently not as the answer to that question has been posted in the "Common Terms" stickies located in the Husbandry and Basic Care, The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues and Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions forums in addition to I don't know how many threads asking the same question. And $5.00 says it still gets asked many times despite the new sticky.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #12
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxocammyxoxo View Post
I agree. I look at a lot of the ads on here, even the ones from the beginning of the year and beyond and wonder if those snakes are even still available, or what the pricing is. I don't feel comfortable pming someone just to ask the price of a snake (or anything else for that matter) especially as a new person getting used to the market.

Personally I don't mind when there is a link to an outside website. But one of my biggest pet peeves is when things are not updated, websites, forums and classifieds alike. It's happened here where I've found an ad in the classified section for an animal, inquired on it, looked at their site, seen it there and then upon further research on someone else's site which is more recently updated seeing the exact animal I inquired on. If I'm really interested in a snake and there's no price, I'll pm for a price... but this stuff really upsets me.
Don't get too upset as it works both ways. Despite my website stating in large bold red letters at the top of my Price List page (I don't even have an Available/For Sale page up) that I do not have anything for sale, I get e-mails asking if I have any xyz morph for sale.

Also, checking the date of the original classified post can be a big help in determining if a particular snake is still available or not. I've seen many 12 month and older ads bumped to the top with people asking if such and such was still available. And if the seller hasn't updated it at some point in that amount of time, chances are pretty slim that it's still available.

You also need to remember that on this forum, classified ads can not be edited beyond 30 days from their initial posting unless it is done by a moderator. All that can be done by the OP is to make a post saying that the snake has been sold, but if it's post #37, it might never be read before the question is asked by a new viewer.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
daddio207
I remember when 0.0.0 stood for unknown.male.female Made more sense to change to male.female.unknown and drop the "unknown' when pairs 1.1, trios 1.2, etc. are offered.
There is a well known corn snake breeder that I buy from still lists the old way. Took me a minute to figure out that he wasn't bad at sexing snakes LOL. His list had 0.2.4, 0.1.1, 0.3.4, 1.0.0 etc. on it and I thought "man that's a lot of females and unknowns". At that point I knew he was at least as old as me ! ha-ha

As for website links, it's the dead ones that irritate me. Some do post their website link in current ads knowing they haven't updated anything it in years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google