CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Corn snake photo section

Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #31
Tara80
If needed, I'd definitely like to help with anything decided on.
Let me know if I'm needed!
I agree that it would have to be moderated by someone on a continuing basis to remove bad pictures, incorrect pictures and unnecessary posts.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #32
Rich Z
I'm still pondering what would be the best way to do this when I have a few brain cells not occupied with some other stuff going on.....

Old 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #33
Sekani
definitely an idea worth considering, I've been trying to find pics of my baby as an adult !

Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #34
Rich Z
Sorry, just had some more pressing issues on my plate and I just dropped the ball on this one. Maybe I'll be able to pick that ball up again soon...

Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #35
Tara80
I'm going to bring this back to the forefront of the site discussions.

Thanks to our wonderful Gov't, work has cut down for me quite a bit and will continue to do so (furloughs and 0 overtime) thus providing me with a lot more time on my hands.

Is there anything I can do to start this and anything in particular that I can do, so that we can have a photo section this summer, where people can put in photos of their morphs?
Also, if we did, what would the rules for the section be - i.e. a few moderators ensuring that the morphs posted are apropos and clear representations and disabling comments?

Old 03-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #36
Rich Z
Yeah, I know this is still on my plate, but the devil is in the details of trying to implement it in such a way that it will be of value to everyone, and yet not be a pain in the butt to manage properly. I still tend to favor the Photopost style photo gallery over a freeform style of forum, but there does need to be some form of discussion allowed in relation to each cultivar presented. Then who is to say that a picture posted is actually what it is claimed to be?

Setting up a forum style photo gallery seems to be the easiest method on the surface, but does that mean a single forum with a separate thread for each cultivar? Or should it be a separate category with a FORUM allocated for each cultivar instead? Or to heck with either idea and just go for a raw Photopost style gallery with very limited (or nonexistent) discussion allowed?

Either way, yours truly will have to set it up. Been a while since I have looked at the admin functions in Photopost, so I'm not sure how much of the workload could be offloaded to volunteers willing to jump in on it.

Yeah, I know I'm retired and you would think I would have OODLES of time on my hands, but darn, it just hasn't worked out that way.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google