CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Server move happening SOON!

Old 10-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #11
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo18 View Post
Where are the guys????
Where is the like button??? Lmao!

Old 10-16-2013, 02:37 AM   #12
Rich Z
Sigh.... Apparently the server people are building another server for me. I don't have ANY specs on it, so no telling what they are coming up with.

This has turned out to be a colossal headache even before the actual site moves are taking place. I can't WAIT to see what is in store for me later on....

On a more sobering note, I have been trying to set things up such that if I should suddenly and unexpectedly expire, Connie would be able to keep things running so that the sites would continue and she would still have the income from the sites helping her out. Things like making sure that both payments in and out are going through PayPal so she wouldn't have to worry about keeping the bills paid. Heck, I'm having problems with PayPal right now where payments through them to this site aren't updating the accounts here, so I've had to do that manually. I'm hoping that the server move will fix this, but if not, heck, got another problem to try to sort out. So honestly, no way she could handle this sort of crap I'm now going through. Heck, I kinda sorta know what I am doing (or at least TRYING to get done) and it's about to make MY head explode. So, hate to say it, but when I expire, then so will my sites.

Hopefully that won't be any time soon.... Well, unless THIS crap I've been going through the last few days just does me in......

Haven't felt the chest pains over this that I used to get when I was stressed out working with the animals. I SERIOUSLY thought that was going to kill me some times.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
kathylove
At least retirement is not too boring for you, lol!

Maybe you could try to sell a half interest (or 49%, maybe) in the sites to some computer / reptile person so that Connie could continue if you are unable to do so yourself? There is so much accumulation of interesting stuff on these sites that it would be nice to know it would still be there after all of us are gone.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #14
Guruofchem
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post

Maybe you could try to sell a half interest (or 49%, maybe) in the sites to some computer / reptile person so that Connie could continue if you are unable to do so yourself? There is so much accumulation of interesting stuff on these sites that it would be nice to know it would still be there after all of us are gone.
That's a REALLY good idea, I think. Kathy's absolutely right about the volume of useful material on here - I'd hate to think it would all go away. Of course, we would miss you too, Rich...

Old 10-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
Rich Z
Well, the word is that my new new server is just about ready. Of course, I won't know for a bit if the security guy is happy with it.

So we'll see. If this site goes completely kaput because the move goes way wrong and destroys everything (probably won't, but I don't have a whole lot of faith in my luck lately), it's been nice knowing you all. Well, most, certainly not all........

Old 10-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #16
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post

Not likely. Business partnerships seem to NEVER work out. All it would likely do is to give me yet another headache plus the worry that said "partner" would cheat Connie when I am gone, knowing that she would never know any differently.

Not sure what the answer is. I am trying to make everything as self contained as I can so the sites will run without any intervention at all. I did post a message in the moderator's forum about how to contact my programmer if something happens to me, so he could handle a lot of the problems. Maybe he would be the best choice to help Connie keep this running on a monthly retainer.

Ah heck, who knows? Maybe I'll wind up outliving all of you. It would be nice to be able to aggravate everyone for all eternity, I suppose....

Old 10-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
Rich Z
Well, hell..... I don't know what the security guy is doing, but it's been nearly 24 hours since he was given access to the new server.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #18
Rich Z
Well, apparently it's not any problems with the new server. The old server had gotten so hacked up that he is having troubles getting the automated Cpanel migration tools to work.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #19
Shiari
:/ Poor Rich. You really aren't having much luck with this.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
Guruofchem
Old saying - If it weren't for bad luck, wouldn't have no luck a'tall...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google