CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

We're back!

Old 10-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #1
Rich Z
Thumbs up We're back!

Pretty darn unbelievable to me, too! I was expected this to be down at least all through Saturday, but the security guy who did the migration for me is some sort of wizard. He even got the chat system working without breaking into a sweat. He says he has done THOUSANDS of these, and I darn well believe him. I have NEVER, EVER gone through a server move this easily before.

So anyway, hopefully everything will be OK and those redirects are gone. It may be possible that they will be cached on your local PC or in a server somewhere between mine and your own browser, however. So let's just see what happens.

I'm going to bed. I was so stressed out thinking I was going to be stressed out over this the next few days that I feel relieved and drained.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #2
Christen
Yay!!! Great news. I am so glad something went smoothly for you.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
spyderk
What a nice surprise this morning! I almost didn't check, thinking it would still be down.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
Nanci
It's still been a little glitchy for me. I haven't gotten a redirect, but I've gotten site not available, or something, a few times. I also noticed Fauna Ads was down, when I went to make a payment. I figured that was just less of a priority and would be coming on line soon, though.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
Rich Z
As far as I know, everything is working now.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
insomniac101
I really expected the site to be down most of today. Glad everything went smoothly - thanks Rich!

Kathy

Old 10-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #7
Tavia
I was having a few problems earlier with this site, pages getting hung up, not wanting to load but that seems to have smoothed out.
However I am not able to log in to Faunaclassifieds, it processes like its logging me in but then dumps me back at the portal page unlogged in. Not really the place to mention it I suppose but since I can't log in over there, can't really report it on that site.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #8
Christen
I have had that problem. Once you log in and get that page click on another link and when it goes to that page see if you are logged in. One day I logged in a dozen times said screw it and went to my destination and I was actually logged in.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I have had that problem. Once you log in and get that page click on another link and when it goes to that page see if you are logged in. One day I logged in a dozen times said screw it and went to my destination and I was actually logged in.
That has _always_ happened to me on Fauna, as long as I can remember.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Tavia
Yeah, that eventually worked.
One problem I'm still having with this site is that I'm not getting email notices for new replies to threads.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google