CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Old 12-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #31
spyderk
I did it for the edit button! I also wanted to give back since this forum has been so helpful to me.

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #32
HerpsOfNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac101 View Post
I look at it this way; paid membership is $25 a year, which is roughly 50 cents a week. Personally, the advice, feeling of camaraderie, and entertainment I get from this site is worth much more than 50 cents a week. You can't even buy a cup of coffee for 50 cents anymore!

I've been a member here for 6 years, and feel guilty that I only became a contributing member earlier this year. Like many others, I did it to place a classified ad. (The snake was offered for free).

As far as paying to get something extra, I think people have been conditioned to expect perks to come with any kind of paid membership. I don't think that's unreasonable, but supporting a site such as this isn't the same as paying your Costco membership to get access to their cheaper products and services. I look at it more like a passing-the-collection-plate kind of thing. It's not mandatory, of course, but overhead and expenses still have to be paid.

Geez, I'm a long way off from the original topic - sorry!

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all!

Kathy
I couldn't agree more. I find this site somewhat similar to that of Greg Schroeder's that you, Meg, and I use to somewhat frequent, I just don't have the number of chondros I once had to be as active there. Working on fixing that though.

That said, I was just curious as the thoughts had popped into my mind of what Rich expressed within post #24. I figured I'd beg the questions, so to speak to get a clearer understanding since it appeared I wasn't the only one on the same/similar thought processes. BUUUUUT, again, I do side on what you've said.

With that in mind....

Thank you Mr. Webslave, aka "Big Meanie" for what you do between the 2 venues. My $25 was more of returning the favor of lurking on the old serpenco site as a high schooler back in 1996-2000 and emailing Rich about his corns and leopard geckos back then. I believe it was Connie that played with the leos, and she had some nice striped ones if memory serves me well.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #33
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
Thank you Mr. Webslave, aka "Big Meanie" for what you do between the 2 venues. My $25 was more of returning the favor of lurking on the old serpenco site as a high schooler back in 1996-2000 and emailing Rich about his corns and leopard geckos back then. I believe it was Connie that played with the leos, and she had some nice striped ones if memory serves me well.
You are welcome.

Yes, I used to have a message board system on my SerpenCo site way back then. That actually evolved into becoming FaunaClassifieds.com. I remember that I had people posting their own corn snakes on that SerpenCo message board, which I didn't think was really appropriate, under the circumstances, so I decided to set up a separate message board and called it "HerpWantAds". I think it was around the same time that someone passed me three rubber checks, and I decided that something like the Board Of Inquiry was needed. Later, after seeing people posting ads for all kind of animals other than herps, I then evolved HerpWantAds into FaunaClassifieds, after contacting Bill Gillingham (who used to publish a paper list by that same name) to make sure he had abandoned the name and had no future plans with it.

This site (CornSnakes.com) came later when there were some problems over on KingSnake.com whereby the entire site got shut down, and I decided I really liked the idea of a cornsnake-centric message board.

As for the leopard geckos, yes, Connie worked with them and honestly still misses them quite a bit. She bred them for personality and she was getting amazing results. They were miniature puppy dogs in temperament.

As for the stripes, she called them her "piranha group" because they had ferocious feed responses and were a bit hard to control at feeding time. They would actually leap across the cage in order to grab crickets and waxworms from her tweezers.

Here's a short video I made years ago of some of those spoiled critters.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #34
CaseyH
Happy New Year!

Rich, thank you for the change in policy on posting ads; however, that's not why I became a contributing member. I have never posted an ad. I don't sell - I only buy

I have gotten so much from this site! I don't post often, but I read daily. I purchased from two of the breeders on this site and I feel I can provide a good home for my corns thanks to all the good info already posted and the fact that I have a place to ask questions as needed.

Thank you!
Casey

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google