CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

WANTED/ORCHIDS 2015s

Old 11-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
Morphedout
WANTED/ORCHIDS 2015s

Im looking to acquire some orchid corns ive been searching high and low and ive only found 1 breeder that has them however im choosing to see if anyone else has them.
Please contact me if you can help me in my search.
Thanks

Old 11-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #2
Myca
Did you try Steve Roylance?

Old 11-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #3
Morphedout
i viwed his page from what i seen their in the same price range

Old 11-14-2015, 10:18 PM   #4
crackerhead
VMS has both males and females available.
So price is the issue? What are you looking to spend for an Orchid?

Terri

Old 11-15-2015, 07:19 AM   #5
Morphedout
200 to 250 is rather steep imo im looking for them cheaper from 100 to 175 possibly as the ones on vms herp are the ones i looked at however the one i want is a female and for some odd reason their priced higher

Old 11-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #6
Dragonling
100 for an orchid girl? Good luck. I did once see a yearling for 175, but it got snapped up right away. Considering the relative commonness of lavender and sunkissed morphs, you'd think they'd be easier to find. They usually seem to sell reasonably quick, so I guess high demand keeps the prices higher. I don't really get why females are more either...the males are prettier anyway.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:28 PM   #7
crackerhead
Girls are frequently higher priced than boys because you only need one male for a LOT of females.
I produce Orchids every year. The problem is the Lavender gene and it's tendency to produce kinked animals. Therefore there are relatively few animals that are perfect and available for sale.
The simple economic principle of supply being less than demand regulates price. I sold all my non-keeper Orchids (all females for some odd twist of fate) this season for $300ea. before they even hatched and I have several folks who didn't get one because not enough were produced or they wanted males. So they wait on next season's possible clutches.
Males are much nicer than females in the Lavender morphs. Maybe you could try for a SK female Het for Lavender or vs versa. That would bring your cost down some.
Good luck,
Terri

BTW - You can always offer less for an animal and see what happens.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #8
DuxorW
I should have some orchids (het redcoat) in the spring. As Terri says, they are prone to kinks. I'll be incubating those eggs at the low end of the safe temperature range, in hopes that it will have a positive effect on kinks.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #9
crackerhead
I incubate at 78F and still get the occasional kink. Of course it is ALWAYS the most stunning animal in the clutch too! The Lavender gene and I have a Love/Hate relationship. lol

Terri

Old 11-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #10
DuxorW
Occasional is better than frequent, I guess! Cross your fingers for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google