• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Speckled King 'Liberty County' Texas

AJK Aquaria

Just scooped up a 2015 pair of these last week. Snapped a photo of the female taking a F/T. The color on these is fantastic...

UUdypym.jpg

Love speckled kingsnakes. We see a lot of them wild here in Tennessee. I caught one on a construction site back around 1990 and kept it for several weeks. I eventually drove out to the park and released it by a creek. Even though she was a "Wild Snake" she ate for me, and didn't seem to mind being handled. Never bit me. On a side note - I did go look at a speckled Kingsnake at a pet shop one time, and it bit me as soon as I stuck my hand in its cage. LOL

Must be nice! The only native constrictors I've found locally are the Western Fox. A beautiful animal, but wish there were others to target. Once caught a Hognose about 50 miles south of me. And spotted a Black Rat a bit further down. Wish I was in Southern Illinois... a lot more species to search for.

These CB kings are pretty calm. Just a little tail shaking and musk from the male.

Take care Karl

Back