CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Picture Editing

Old 12-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #11
zorro
Thanks everyone for the input, I must of gone through 8-10 demos and found that Irfanview was the quickest and easiest of all of them.
John

Old 12-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
dave partington
Hey John,
iwebalbum
free download, find it thru a web search.
makes a photo album with thumbs of the size you choose,
instantly resizes all images, optimizes them.
you can then add captions if you like.
This auto-generates small pics linked to the larger pics.
It then saves to the folder you designate
so you can upload the entire folder to your website.
Also has SlideShow embedded in it.
Here's an example.
http://www.davesfiles.com/Critters/Daytona2009
Hope this helps.
dp

Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
Dakafall
I have CS4 but I like to do most of my editing in fireworks just cus I learned that first. But for quick resize and whatnot I find that Windows Live Photo Gallery does just fine

Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
PAIN
Irfan View I love it. So easy to use
http://www.irfanview.com/

Old 01-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
wowfood
I used to use gimp, but I started to get annoyed with it for some reason. Now I do all my edits using Paint.NET

Its another free editor like gimp, I just prefer it, both are about the same quality, both have a ton of plugins if you don't get along with gimp then give it a go.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #16
Hethiss
I used to use GIMP before I got myself a DSLR now I am using Cs4 and lightroom. But I found GIMP to be pretty good for when I used it.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #17
Nanci
I just switched from Windows to Mac, so now I'm trying to learn Lightroom, and decide if that's all I want. I've also looked at Photo Mechanic for doing the major culling at the beginning, and then importing to LR. I'm not finding LR intuitive/easy to crop with- so I've also looked at Click 2 Crop, but I think I just really ought to change my way of thinking and make LR work for me. There's a REALLY nice tutorial app for LR, BTW...

Old 01-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
arparaspolo
pant.net free and easy to use.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
Ixchel
I know that he found what he was looking for but if you don't need to edit many at once, I find MSPaint, perfect for resizing and cropping. Very common-sense and comes with Windows automatically... I've never tried image editing on a different OS so I can't give much help for the unix based systems.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
saphire1983
I use paint for all of my pictures, to make them black n white, resize focus more, its the best you can really get without download/costing you anything :-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google