CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Teaser.........

Old 07-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #41
Menhir
Funny thing, I've read a thread about them and thought that Golddust is accepted enough to be listed in our lexikon. I listed them as Ultra Caramels and was shure that's the ultra-pendant to Amber.
I recogniced a few weeks ago, that I was wrong - don't know why .

Old 07-18-2005, 12:38 PM   #42
Serpwidgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Ya and everyone thinks I'm a huge dork for trying to slow down the name game. Serp is going to have to start makeing "reference posters" to go with his yearly books. Heck in a couple more years, posters won't cut it and we will need an annual cornsnake dictionary. I can't keep up!!
Yep, that's the plan! Moohahahahaha!!!

For what it's worth, I think what's going to happen is that ultra caramels and ultramel caramels, along with the other ultra/ultramel combos, will often be lumped together (since it might not be easy to tell between ultras and ultramels) and that GoldDust will end up being used to mean "ultramel caramel (and it might be an ultra instead of ultramel but that will have to wait for breeding trials)" or something of that sort. If that's the case, there won't be very many people complaining that they got a very light ultra instead of an ultramel.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #43
Serpwidgets
As for the pic, the one on the right in the first pic sure looks like what you might expect from a caramel lavender, eh?

(Got a name for those yet, Rich? LOL)

Old 07-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #44
PtDnsr
So what is it Rich?

~Katie

Old 07-19-2005, 01:02 PM   #45
Jynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
What's an ultra butter? You mean ultramel caramel, aka golddust? An ultra butter is impossible.
Ok I'm kind of confused...why would it be impossible to have an animal that was technically an ultramel (1 amel, 1 ultra) that was also homo carmel? Carmel and ultra can exist in a homozygous state together, and ultra and amel can exist in a "heterozygous" state together. Ultra and amel both share the same locus, but carmel exists in a different locus...I'm under the impression that this is still possible.

Serp...help...explain...

Old 07-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #46
Kat
Ultra butter implies Ultra/Ultra/Amel/Amel/Caramel/Caramel. Since Ultra and Amel share the same locus, that's not possible. Ultramel Caramel is possible, since it's Ultra/Amel/Caramel/Caramel.

-Kat

Old 07-19-2005, 03:47 PM   #47
Jynx
I guess I shouldn't have said ultra "butter" since that implied homo amel and carmel. I always thought that a golddust was just ultra carmel. Is this not right? been a while since I picked up my morph guide book, and other than ultramel, I don't really have that much interest in the other ultra morphs.

just a mistake in words...calm down GBB

Old 07-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #48
Kat
I don't think he's upset... just confused.

Here's a clear explaination:

Ultra Butter -- Not possible (amel/amel/ultra/ultra/caramel/caramel)
Ultra Caramel -- Possible (ultra/ultra/caramel/caramel)
Golddust (Ultramel Caramel) -- Exists currently (amel/ultra/caramel/caramel)

-Kat

Old 12-10-2005, 04:48 AM   #49
stephen
goldust stripes

some day! anyway I think theres is ultra amel and carmel there but who knows what else

Old 06-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #50
torsten
Ok can you reveal what this is yet?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google