CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Special sale offerings to contributors?

Old 08-28-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
Rich Z
Special sale offerings to contributors?

I'm toying with the idea of offering special sales to the contributors on this site, and am kicking around ideas of how best to implement it. I guess I could set up a separate forum to show the offerings, or just post them in the Insider's Forum. Not sure what would be best. But I would also need a way to verify that ONLY contributors were taking part in the specials. Perhaps requiring the member name here would work. And the email address would have to match as well, I guess.

But I'm thinking this would be a great way to thank people for being contributors on this site, and perhaps stimulate more to join in.

Any ideas? I only think about this while I am taking care of the baby snakes when my mind can wander a bit.....

Old 08-28-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
mbdorfer
Sounds like a great idea. I know that non contributors can view the insiders forum, is there a way to set up a forum that only contibutors can view? Or maybe you can set up a confirming email type situation, that is, send the potential buyer an email containing a question or something that they have to respond back directly to you. there's probably holes in both of those suggestions, but hey, you still make some cash!

Old 08-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
princess
Being on the other side of the atlantic makes it a bit hard for me to just buy snakes from you without a lot of fore-planning, but I'd be interested in something like that if geography made it more convenient!

Old 08-28-2005, 04:49 PM   #4
Rich Z
Hmm, actually I thought I had set it up so that non contributors could NOT read the threads in the Insiders forum. I guess I need to check on that.

But to answer your question, yes, I should be able to do that.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:52 PM   #5
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Hmm, actually I thought I had set it up so that non contributors could NOT read the threads in the Insiders forum. I guess I need to check on that.

But to answer your question, yes, I should be able to do that.
Not 100% sure, but I think only contributors can post, but anyone can view.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:33 PM   #6
Rich Z
I just checked and that shouldn't be the case. Regular members can view the forum itself, but none of the threads inside of the forum.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #7
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I just checked and that shouldn't be the case. Regular members can view the forum itself, but none of the threads inside of the forum.
Well, that could be your ticket then

Old 08-28-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
debcash
What a nice thought! I am always in favor of anything that lets me enjoy my favorite hobby at a reduced cost.
Is there anyway to set it up on your website so that when the contributing members log in it recognizes them and automatically gives the special rate?
(Although it would probably be a lot less work to just post it in the insider's forum. )

Old 08-28-2005, 07:16 PM   #9
carol
Ya, the last time I lost my cookies I could not read this forum before I logged in.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #10
Rich Z
I haven't thought much about any of the details yet. I just wanted to see if there was any interest at all in this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google