CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Special sale offerings to contributors?

Old 08-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #31
MastersHaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I just checked and that shouldn't be the case. Regular members can view the forum itself, but none of the threads inside of the forum.

I don't remember being a contributor and I am able to read and reply here...
not sure why? but sense I am able to do this let me add my view on this idea...

I think that this is a wonderful Idea but if you are wanting to raise awareness and encourage others to contribute why not let them be able to see what they are missing and not be able to respond??? I mean, what better way to sale an idea (in this case --contributorship) than by showing people what they can gain by being a contributor!

and as far as confirming contributorship, maybe require a confirmation email that the contributor must respond to
( kind of like a request payment as through paypal )

I am planning on becoming a contributor (if I can ever stop spending my every spare cent on snakes... LOL) and I think that this is a GREAT thing to do!

Just my thoughts...

Old 08-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #32
Gronk
LeeAnn...

This forum is available to everyone. Rich is talking about posting any actual "Contributor sales specials" in the Insider's Forum.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #33
MastersHaven
Ohhhh ok.... I understand now...

*silly blonde thing* <--- het blonde not homo... LOL

I still think it is a good Idea to post it where non-contributors can see the threads but just can't reply to them...

Im sure Rich uses paypal so maybe make it to where the only way to buy from that sale is by paypal request?!?! that way the purchasers name, email, and address are all confirmed.

JMO...

Old 08-30-2005, 01:06 PM   #34
Emanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Ya, the last time I lost my cookies I could not read this forum before I logged in.
Now do not lose your cookies on a regular basis... if you do it may be something "lifestyle" based. LOL

Old 08-30-2005, 04:46 PM   #35
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Is it just me, or is the 2004 Serpenco page not uploaded for anyone else? The date last updated says sometime in June...

The prices had been changed, but I didn't remember to change that date.......

Old 08-30-2005, 05:12 PM   #36
daisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastersHaven
*silly blonde thing* <--- het blonde not homo... LOL

Finally, I'm not alone....

Old 08-30-2005, 07:35 PM   #37
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I guess the question is, Rich, what's the purpose? To sell more snakes faster, or to get more people to sign up as Contributors?
Both, somewhat, but mostly incentive for more Contributor members and as a way to thank current Contributors as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
On one hand, you'd be encouraging more contributors with the special sales, but on the other, you'd also sell fewer sale snakes than if the sale were public.
Perhaps. I expect word will get around and anyone interested in those specials will have the incentive to sign up for it. The $25 savings on any deal I am considering will be more then pay for that membership fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
The coupon idea blckkat suggested is also a good idea, and is perhaps more of an incentive to join as a contributor. (I might actually join the ranks if that were the case...)
Not sure about this. I suspect people would want the coupon to be applied to ANYTHING on my pricelist. That's not how I am planning on doing this. My initial thinking is to offer something along the lines of a "blue light special". In other words, one particular cultivar is on sale at a very attractive price for a limited time only. Viewers here in the special forum will note that sale and decide to take advantage of it, or not. This also gives incentive for current contributors to be on their toes and stick around here more often in the hopes of catching one of these sales. They may last only 24 hours, maybe even less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
Then there's always what you did with the butter stripe sale... give the contributors first crack at it before opening it up to the rest.
That removes much of the incentive for people to then become Contributors. They will realize that all they need to do is to wait, and eventually they will get the sale price items with no need to become a Contributor. That defeats some of the purpose for doing this, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
Note that none of the above are mutually exclusive options, either...

-Kat

Old 08-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #38
jbkd
I am also on the edge of becoming a Contrib Member, as I have to see what funds are avail after the next few shows over the next few weeks.......

With that in mind, I would say it would be better for all to see the deals and to regulate the sales only to Contributors. After seeing some of your past sales I would sign up as a Contributor the day you posted the sale.

Basically, there has to be a way for us non-Contributors to see what we are missing.......

As a side note: If you are going to run a sale for Contributors, could you do it before the MARS show so maybe us Mid-Atlantic folks can save on shipping????????

Old 08-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #39
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
As a side note: If you are going to run a sale for Contributors, could you do it before the MARS show so maybe us Mid-Atlantic folks can save on shipping????????
That's exactly what I was hinting at! *lol*

Old 09-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #40
debcash
Very cool Rich!
Can't wait to see what pops up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google