CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Special sale offerings to contributors?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #61
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
Roy -

Thanks for the helpful reply, that's all I was looking for, but I guess some people would rather keep their little secrets to try to feel superior or something.

I'm not expecting some great ridiculous deal or anything like that, but just to get a feeling as to how much the feature is used and how.
You're welcome. I should also add that in my case, the money I saved was equivalent to 15-20 years of membership (they were high-end purchases). Your mileage may vary.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #62
TripleMoonsExotic
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
Why even bother replying? If you actually read this thread, Rich WANTS word to get out about the sales, to get more people to join.

The elitist attitude doesn't really help things.
Don't make assumptions about me. PMs also shouldn't be used to try and sneak by saying what you did in public. You obviously can't take a bit of good natured teasing. I, btw, did read the thread back when it started...Maybe you should reread it to determine who did and did not reply to this thread when it was originally posted.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #63
Roy Munson
From time to time you're going to see me post the following passage from the "rules" section of the "User Guide and Tips" thread stickied in the "New Members" subforum. It's really the only rule we have here, but the penalties are pretty harsh. So if you see this, it means that I think a thread is heading in a bad direction, and civility needs to be restored.

Quote:
7) CROSSING THE LINE - Members who let disagreements get out of hand, post inflammatory responses (personal attacks), or use foul language will receive a 3-Day ban from the forum. This is a time to cool down, collect your thoughts, and come back and become a valuable contributor to the community. If it happens again, you will receive a permanent ban. It may seem harsh, but rules have to be in place to keep the forum a positive place free of animosity amongst its members.
EDITED TO ADD: Before someone chimes in to remind me, I'm aware that I'm NOT a mod in this subforum. But considering who the mod IS in this subforum, I think that civility is a good idea...

Old 04-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #64
Rich Z
The exact statement I made was:

Quote:
But I'm thinking this would be a great way to thank people for being contributors on this site, and perhaps stimulate more to join in.
With the major emphasis being on thanking people who are already contributors.

My original reason for setting it up was for when I would decide to have some sort of special sale and use that forum to notify contributor members here FIRST about it. That would give them a head start before anyone else caught wind of it. As for stimulating people to sign up for a contributors member, well, I maybe, but I haven't heard of anyone who was overly influenced by that particular perk.

But that being said, I think all it would take is to catch ONE special sale that you would take advantage of to pay for the contributor membership several times over. I guess it's up to you whether you think this is worth the risk of maybe wasting $25 here.............

Old 04-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #65
tyflier
IMO...the mere pennies per day that it costs me to be a contributing member of this forum is really and truly a pitiful amount of money to pay for the incredible wealth of knowledge I gain by being a member.

I am very much in line with Kathy Love in that I don't expect to get something worthwhile for free. I certainly don't mind paying LESS THAN $.01 per day to be privvy to such an incredible wealth of information and entertainment as this site offers.

I haven't caught one of the "super duper secret savings deals" just yet, but I HAVE made incredible LEAPS in the amount of knowledge I have as regards EVREY ASPECT of the husbandry of cornsnakes, and that alone is worth $25 a year...

Old 04-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #66
ghosthousecorns
As a contributing member I got 'first dibs' on a surplus adult sale that Rich had and bought my male het cinder adult corn snake for $150. Considering the prices on het cinders even the babies are up at around $400 I would say that was a savings of $250 for something I otherwise would never be able to afford... not too shabby a return on $25 if you ask me.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #67
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by shed'n my skin
As a contributing member I got 'first dibs' on a surplus adult sale that Rich had and bought my male het cinder adult corn snake for $150. Considering the prices on het cinders even the babies are up at around $400 I would say that was a savings of $250 for something I otherwise would never be able to afford... not too shabby a return on $25 if you ask me.
Don't rub that in. I'm still mad I didn't get that snake. So...you thinking of selling/trading him? Cash, snakes, hatchling racks....anything?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #68
ghosthousecorns
sorry Jeff... If it's any comfort the only reason I beat you to him is because I was kind of unemployed and had nothing to do at the time but sit on the internet waiting for Rich to put that list up. I didn't even have the $150 when I bought him but I couldn't pass up that deal, so it went to my credit card I absolutely couldn't believe someone else had not bought it yet when I put it in my shopping cart. If I do ever decide to let him go I will let you know but I kind of have long term plans I'm still saving up for his girlfriend, maybe when tax return comes lol.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #69
Flagg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
The exact statement I made was:

With the major emphasis being on thanking people who are already contributors.

My original reason for setting it up was for when I would decide to have some sort of special sale and use that forum to notify contributor members here FIRST about it. That would give them a head start before anyone else caught wind of it. As for stimulating people to sign up for a contributors member, well, I maybe, but I haven't heard of anyone who was overly influenced by that particular perk.

But that being said, I think all it would take is to catch ONE special sale that you would take advantage of to pay for the contributor membership several times over. I guess it's up to you whether you think this is worth the risk of maybe wasting $25 here.............
I was referring to another post where you mentioned that word would "get around" about the sales. It certainly didn't seem like you were trying to keep them a big secret as others seem to believe.

Anyway, I've done it, I am now a contributor and I am eagerly awaiting any future sales. I hope there are actually going to be some.

Seems like there were a lot of them back when you started that forum...

Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #70
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I didn't join to save money: I joined because of the money I'd already saved. The information and advice I found in the forums saved me from making mistakes that would have cost far more than the membership. I'm not a "high-end" kind of guy, so most of what is offered is out of my reach, but the information is right there at my fingertips. Call it a "Thanks for all the help" membership.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google