CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Results of my Midlife Crisis Sale!

Old 10-06-2005, 03:27 PM   #31
Kat
Guess I should have been more specific... not so much a car newbie as a 'collector car' newbie... But I think Rich answered my question best... if it makes a difference in how the car drives, it's pretty darned important.

-Kat

Old 10-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #32
Gronk
Years ago I worked in a service station...you'd be amazed how many people don't know the difference between tires and wheels...

Old 10-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #33
xKGLVRx
Haha

I work in a body shop, and we get people like that all the time. It's funny when people come in saying, I had a flat wheel....It takes so much not to laugh at them. First off, who says they have a flat wheel????

Old 10-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #34
cornsnakekid92
if that happens then you just need to ask them if they want you to refill the headlight fluid too!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #35
CAV
Straight up Dawg!

Ya be da shizzle fo real if’in ya’ll hung some 24" spinners on that hoopty.

Peace out!

Old 10-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #36
Flygning
So, Rich, how YOU doin'? J/K. You're driving around my dream car there, wrong wheels or not. Its beautiful, have fun with it!

Old 10-09-2005, 06:45 PM   #37
amcgltdchix
Woo!

WOW!

I hope you get a SERPNCO license plate

My husband has a 1971 1750 Alfa Romeo that he shows

Old 10-10-2005, 02:31 AM   #38
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygning
So, Rich, how YOU doin'? J/K. You're driving around my dream car there, wrong wheels or not. Its beautiful, have fun with it!

Well the new wheels and tires should be in this week. I'll tell you, it was about killing me to not be able to drive the vette all weekend. I felt like some little kid in that I wanted to just sit in the driver seat and pretend I was driving around. Just couldn't chance it on those threadbare tires to go out cruising around. But hopefully by this upcoming weekend everything will be squared away.

I guess I should be thinking about some sort of special sale to drum up money to pay for those wheels and tires, eh?

Old 10-10-2005, 09:54 PM   #39
LizardMom
Hello, Rich! I'm new to the forums and to corn snakes, but not to midlife crises. My hubby got me a vintage '87 MR2 a few years back, including a mechanic to make sure it runs well. Even got the performance chip.

Enjoy your new ride. And you were smart to wait for the new wheels and tires. Making a 90 degree turn at 60 mph is hell if the tires go in the process!

Would it be out of line, do you think, to start a poll on how long it will be until you get your first ticket in that thing??!!

Old 10-10-2005, 11:39 PM   #40
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMom
Would it be out of line, do you think, to start a poll on how long it will be until you get your first ticket in that thing??!!
You mean like a lottery? Hey maybe that would be a good way to build up an emergency speeding ticket fund in a hurry!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google