CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Groan......

Old 01-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #11
Drewby07
I'll be happy to fly down and give you a hand Rich!

Old 01-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
wade
I'm bringing my breeders in from the cold today. In a small way, I feel your pain Rich.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Rich Z
Just THINKING about having to deal with a new batch of 3,000+ babies makes my head hurt. Having to pop pain pills to keep going when I still have several hours of work to be done for the day to stay on schedule... I have to use reading glasses now so I can see the hemipenes when I pop the babies sexing them. Probably working on a real good case of carpal tunnel by opening and closing hundreds of deli cups every day. And my darn attention span..... uh, what was I saying?..... Oh yeah, heck I can certainly sex corn snakes well enough, but after I snap the lid shut, well hell, what WAS that one again?

So tell me again, when ARE those golden years when you get old? I hope I didn't miss them like I did my midlife crisis. Too late now for that crisis to take place because I don't intend to live to be 116 years old. It would be MY luck that someone will invent an immortality pill, but the only caveat would be that you stay at the age you are when you take it. Gee, thanks bunches....

Old 01-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #14
wade
Rich, you and I are the same age. I though I would give you some words of encouragement. Try to pump you up a little. Put a smile on your old worn out face.

But I can’t think of anything.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #15
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Rich, you and I are the same age. I though I would give you some words of encouragement. Try to pump you up a little. Put a smile on your old worn out face.

But I can’t think of anything.
Yeah, I hear you.

Every day I have to ask myself, what's worse than growing old.......... And I would have to say, watching someone you love growing old.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #16
kathylove
I have noticed that for about the last 5 years or so, the hemipenes seem to be getting smaller and smaller, darn it! And for some reason, book and magazine publishers are making the print smaller, too. I just can't understand why they are doing this to me!

BTW, I have found that reading glasses can be bought in bulk at the flea market for $1 - $2 each. We have them scattered around EVERYWHERE! A new fact of life the past few years.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:17 AM   #17
a_god_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
J I have to use reading glasses now so I can see the hemipenes when I pop the babies sexing them. Probably working on a real good case of carpal tunnel by opening and closing hundreds of deli cups every day. And my darn attention span..... uh, what was I saying?..... Oh yeah, heck I can certainly sex corn snakes well enough, but after I snap the lid shut, well hell, what WAS that one again?
Just my $.02

There are lighted magnify tools. There are larger ones that clamp or this one:

Name:  mlight.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  21.4 KB

Which hopefully would bring you those $$ after sexing & selling those snakes

Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #18
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
There will be NO keepers this hatching season.
Now THAT will be a Serpenco table I CANNOT miss at Daytona!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #19
Drewby07
Yeah I may have to take a flight to daytona too! lol

Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #20
Russell
No keepers? Hmmm....*dreaming Silver Queens* .....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google